JOB TITLE: Senior Web Developer
DEPARTMENT: Digital Media
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director, Digital Media
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Bowie, MD, and Arlington, VA, is seeking a skilled Web Developer to join our Digital Media Department. The Senior Web Developer is the guru of everything back-end related with some front-end chops. You’re the chief architect of data flow between multiple systems and are comfortable working with third-party API’s. You’re an unstoppable force when it comes to using third-party solutions to enhance out-of-the-box platforms. You’ll work with the web developers, account executives and designers to transform strategy and design into interactive builds which provides a user experience beyond what our clients and users expect. The ideal candidate is someone who sees themselves as one stop solution provider for all our clients web development needs.
The major areas of expertise include:
- Experienced with all stages of the development cycle for dynamic web projects.
- Strong knowledge of latest web development technologies, best practices and developments.
- Knowledge of the major backend languages like PHP, MySQL, Apache, .NET, C#
- Knowledge working with frameworks like LaRavel, Angular.JS, Ember.JS, Phone GAP or equivalent
- Experience using web API services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST) and working with and integrating third-party API’s.
- Experience building responsive customer sites and creating plugins using Drupal, WordPress and the latest web technologies.
- Ability to take a PSD mockup, slice it up and code into an interactive web component
- Experience with custom theme building in CMS platforms such as WordPress or Drupal
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment
- Provides technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for a successful implementation phase on client projects.
- Write clean and well documented code.
- Understand the technical requirements for complicated web development builds and become an overnight expert in explaining them internally and to our clients
- Map out data schema and data flow between multiple platforms
- Follow detailed workflows for project reviews, QA, edits
- Work on multiple clients and campaigns simultaneously
- Communicate and engage with web developers, account executives and graphic artists
- Scope out web development requirements, timelines and costs for client campaigns
- Serve as a learning resource to coworkers
- Attention to detail, deliver quality assurance tested work and provide demonstrations of in-progress and finished builds.
- Ability to communicate complex technical details to a non-technical audience and willing to teach and to learn.
- Good communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills;
- Analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Friendly, customer-service oriented attitude.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years web development experience which includes the programming/ development of web applications.
- Experience using Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords user; web analytic data to identify website performance gaps a plus
- Experience with Blackbaud Convio/Luminate Online, Salsa, Classy, Engaging Networks highly desired.
- Experience with Facebook Application development/integration is a huge plus but not required
- Prior experience working in an agency environment is a plus
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Sr. Web Developer position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Sr. Web Developer job. While performing the responsibilities of the Sr. Web Developer position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit or stand at a desk to work on a computer and use the phone, sometimes for prolonged periods. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the responsibilities of the Sr. Web Developer job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Sr. Web Developer will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Sr. Web Developer. This is an open space environment with moderate noise (e.g., colleagues’ conversations, computers, and printers). Telecommuting may be feasible for this position with permission from direct supervisor. Occasional required travel is likely.
To perform the Sr. Web Developer position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the position. The Sr. Web Developer assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to CDR’s HR Generalist Allison Reep at firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Web Developer in the subject line.