Senior Software Developer (US remote)
Do you have a passion for higher education? Do you want to make a positive impact on the college admissions process? Our staff helps to remove barriers and encourage students to forge their path to a better future. Common App is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the pursuit of access, equity, and integrity in the college admission process. Each year we support more than 1 million students, one-third of whom are first-generation, apply to our 900 diverse member college & universities using the Common App’s free online application. If you are a software developer professional and want to be part of a mission-driven non-profit that uses innovative technology to advance the college admission process, Common App may be a great match for you. Common App is currently searching for a Senior Software Developer.
Our senior software developer reports to our Associate Director of Development and are part of a team of developers designing and developing both web-based and mobile software products for Common App. Our developers work in a team environment to assist in software architecture design and to implement high quality software products that meet the needs of the Common App community. These position plan develop, modify, and test software components using HTML, CSS, Typescript, and Angular 2+ (Node and NPM), .NET core backend technologies within an Amazon Web Services and Agile development environment to create new products and enhance existing software systems. Our software developers also serve as Tier 3 escalation capacity to ensure quality in support of the end-user experience and may serve as mentors or provide direct guidance to other Software Developers.
Senior Software Developer requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant area and 6+ years of experience in software development or technical support jobs; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert level experience in all requirements listed above for our software developer level
- Proficiency in mobile hybrid frameworks like Ionic and mobile build, deployment, and release processes.
- Expert level experience in SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Expert level experience in Amazon Web Service solutions for NoSQL databases, relational databases, email, workflow, message queueing, file storage, encryption, serverless computing, push notifications, Cloud metrics, CDN, Cloud computing resources, load balancers, user management, and caching.
- Proficient in continuous integration (CI) tools like Jenkins
- AWS Certified Developer/Solutions Architect required.
Candidates must also be able to effectively use database software, Internet software, and project management software along with strong communication (verbal and written) and team collaboration skills.
Common App values our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the organization. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our staff, where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative workplace where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Common App is a virtual first environment. Staff may work remotely from anywhere in the United States. To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations at: https://apply.workable.com/commonapp/
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please apply at https://apply.workable.com/commonapp/ with your resume and cover letter with salary expectations.