Senior Software Developer
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS
The American Institute of Physics (AIP) is currently seeking an innovative and collaborative Software Developer who is passionate about delivering top-notch customer service. This position will be part of the Digital Services team supporting multiple projects.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Full life cycle of projects
- Develop and maintain AIP’s corporate web site using Drupal content management system
- Evaluate third-party software and contributed modules for integration with Drupal CMS
- Provide technical support to staff regarding web technologies and software applications
What is AIP?
We are the American Institute of Physics. Our mission is to advance, promote, and serve the physical sciences for the benefit of humanity. We promote the physical sciences through effective communication, education, and policy initiatives.
Why Work for AIP?
We want you to love working here, and we have a workplace culture that reflects that. With our commitment to community service, monthly catered lunches, and an on-site fitness center, we work hard to make sure AIP is an awesome place to work. Did we mention that you will work with amazingly talented colleagues in a variety of departments?
We offer an incredible total compensation package including competitive pay, multiple healthcare options to meet your needs, commuter benefits, free parking, tuition assistance, and an outstanding retirement plan.
We encourage and invite people from diverse backgrounds to apply and join our team. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, creed, marital status, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, personal appearance, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability.
- Candidates should complete the entire application, upload a cover letter and a resume.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and related work experience as listed in the experience section.
- A minimum of three years of PHP, Java, or Perl programming experience and a working knowledge of UNIX and shell programming. A minimum of two years’ experience with internet and web applications, including SQL.
- Helpful to have familiarity with Drush, Composer, Git, Acquia Continuous Integration tools, Behat, and Agile project management.
Located in College Park, Maryland, AIP is a federation of societies that advances, promotes, and serves the physical sciences for the benefit of humanity. Learn more at www.aip.org