Senior Project Manager – Technology Strategic Services
Position: Senior Project Manager – Technology
Reports to: Head of Strategic Technology Services
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt, grade 7 position
Date: May 2021
The Senior Project Manager – Technology serves as an internal project lead for Vanguard Charitable (VC) large-scale or complex technology projects. This individual partners with the business to understand technology needs in order to develop, implement, monitor, and drive project plans and project teams for VC technology projects. This individual is responsible for ensuring that projects are managed effectively from scoping through close-out.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and manages multiple large-scale or complex technology projects. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks for the project(s). Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables. Assumes ownership of projects from scoping through delivery. Ensures projects are aligned with departmental and business goals and objectives.
- Determines approach and plan for all aspects of the projects, including task plan for the project team and communication/change management plan with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates with internal clients (VC business units), team members, management, and IT vendors to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors and documents project progress and frequently communicates status updates to management, key stakeholders and business clients.
- Sets up, leads, and facilitates all project meetings (status meetings, working sessions, demonstrations, information-sharing meetings, issue discussion and resolution meetings, etc.) with internal clients (VC business unit leaders), team members, management, and IT vendors. Ensures that meeting minutes are captured and action items are completed.
- Develops strong relationships with business units. Meets with internal clients (VC business unit leaders) to advise on resources, timing and deliverables. Determines process to produce deliverables and communicates the process to team members who are producing deliverables. Monitors the completion of the deliverables and helps produce the deliverables, if needed.
- Works with department manager to ensure adequate resources are in place. Ensures team adheres to stated deadlines and provides regular status updates and proactive performance feedback to the department manager.
- Proactively identifies and resolves project issues in a timely manner by ensuring the issues are reviewed with stakeholders, working with the technology team to identify and propose potential solutions and ensuring the implementation of the solution is completed.
- Oversees and manages test planning and system readiness for release effort. Coordinates efforts of team members supporting testing activities.
- Ensures team complies with Vanguard Charitable technology policies and procedures.
- Leads/participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years of professional experience with a minimum of 3 years of project management experience.
- Intermediate understanding of relevant business functions, technology needs, tools and other applications that interface with VC processes so they can be clearly articulated to, and leveraged for, the business users.
- Detail-oriented, organized, timely, dependable, articulate and collegial.
- Produces high-quality work under minimal supervision.
- Proven computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to manage work of team members, conflict, deadlines, priorities and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Proven experience leading project teams that include people from different levels, different departments and different comfort levels with technology.
- Project Management Certification a plus.
Vanguard Charitable is not offering employment-based sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug screening result.
How to Apply