Senior Manager Data and Technology Operations
Canadian Women & Sport
http://Canadian Women & Sport
Senior Manager Data & Technology Operations
ABOUT CANADIAN WOMEN & SPORT
Canadian Women & Sport is a national non-profit dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive Canadian sport and physical activity system that empowers girls and women—as active participants and leaders—within and through sport. With a focus on systemic change, we partner with governments, organizations, and leaders to challenge the status quo and to build better sport through gender equity.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Manager of Data & Technology Operations is responsible for leading and executing Canadian Women & Sport’s technology-first strategy across the entire organization. We are looking for a passionate, tech-savvy individual who is able to work collaboratively to help drive innovation and a culture of experimentation, testing, and refinement within our organization.
Architecture and Systems Management:
- Ensure the continued smooth integration and performance of our system tools including our CRM (Neon), Submittable, SharePoint, Teams, Power BI Pro, and integration with our digital marketing tools (e.g., MailChimp) social media platforms and other tools.
- As new features are announced, identify and propose architecture enhancements that can improve team collaboration, data management & reporting, through further automation and/or integrations.
- Develop and implement user protocols, providing advice, and coaching to relevant staff.
- Create and manage the overall data architecture of the organization across all tools.
- Ensure all solutions are scalable with a focus on security, maintainability by creating a minimum of technical debt.
- Familiarity with integration tools such as Zapier and Microsoft Power Automate required.
- Support the management of the website’s performance. Work with the Marketing and Communications team to evaluate, recommend, and implement new features as needed, with the support of a website development firm.
Performance metrics, testing, data analysis, and decision-making support:
- Lead the development of IT systems to enable data collection, analysis, and reporting to inform the strategies and tactics of programs, development, and communications.
- Build and maintain a culture and practice of data-driven testing and refinement of digital activities.
- Work with the Programs team and others define end-to-end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment, and constraints. Analyze the viability of the solution to meet program timelines, budget, and quality.
- Collaborate with existing and new vendors to prioritize projects, increase value for money, and ensure projects are properly scoped and executed.
Documentation, Change Management, Testing
- Create strong documentation of technical systems, processes, and architecture
- Lead communication around change management in Applications/Platforms
- Ensure there is a mature technical approach to testing, verifying changes using best practices
Training, Support, and Learning Opportunities:
- Provide training and support to team members on how-tos and best-practices in using our technology solutions to achieve strong adoption.
- Update existing policies and procedures related to key workflows, underlying technologies, and the agreed-upon data model.
Roadmap, Planning, Prioritization
- Ensure high-level roadmap and priorities are clearly articulated
- Maintain a list of priorities and help articulate status, health, and sequence of technical tasks; projects to CEO
- Excellent time management and organization skills to ensure high-level items stay on schedule
- Knowledge of Agile best practices to bring value to the organization quickly
EXAMPLE OF A PROJECT
Working collaboratively with the Programs team, assess an established program to identify opportunities to use technology to enhance efficiencies, improve the quality of implementation, and expand opportunities for scale and impact. Design process flows and identify solutions. Source the necessary technology and implement it, including building the capacity of the Programs team to use it consistently and well. Provide ongoing evaluation of the solutions and troubleshoot or course correct as need be.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of progressive experience within a not-for-profit and/or start-up environment working with small agile teams.
- Demonstrated technical skills in using modern technologies including Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, PowerBI (or similar platform), Zapier or similar iPaaS, and developing CMS Systems. Preference for using no-code/low-code methods.
- Very strong project management skills including excellent attention to detail and ability to manage timelines and budgets.
- Leadership skills to work with diverse teams and partners to develop, plan, deliver, monitor, and evaluate a technology road map that supports the organization to operate with greater efficiency and scalability on a sustainable basis.
- Change management experience, with demonstrated success supporting new approaches that produce strong internal adoption and sustained use.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and can translate technical issues into language for non-technical staff.
- Background in Enterprise Software Development an asset.
- Familiarity with Agile Delivery an asset.
- Familiarity with NEON CRM and integrations an asset.
- French language skills are an asset.
TERMS OF THE ROLE
- 18 Month Contract
- Full-time position with the opportunity for flexible hours
- Location is flexible
- The annual salary range for this role is $70,000 – $80,000, plus comprehensive health benefits
SUBMITTING YOUR INTEREST
Canadian Women & Sport is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all respects, including hiring a workforce that is reflective of the diverse population of Canada with respect to age, gender, ethnicity, religion, ability, sexual orientation, education, and culture.
Interested candidates should submit their interest in the role via the following link: https://cws.submittable.com/submit.
1. A cover letter explaining your specific interest in the role
2. Specific examples of data visualization or multi-system integrations that you’ve designed, built, or managed via a link or in PDF.
3. A CV highlighting relevant experience
Deadline for submissions is August 26, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our database.
Canadian Women & Sport