Constructive is searching for an experienced Senior Interactive Designer to join our growing New York office. The Senior Interactive Designer will create dynamic digital experiences that advance the missions of cause-driven organizations who make the world a better place.
You are a flexible, collaborative thinker who’s fluent with the fundamentals of information architecture and user-centered design, and a designer with a proven track record of success working on complex, cross-media projects and responsive websites. You’ll work closely with our Design Director on a mix of hands-on design strategy, UX, visual design, and project leadership.
If you care about the mark you leave on the world—and share our commitment to making a positive impact on issues like climate change, education, and social justice—then we’d love to hear from you.
The Right Fit
- You’re a versatile, detail-oriented designer who takes a systems-based approach to your work and continuously pushes your thinking—always focusing on client and audience needs.
- You have extremely strong design fundamentals (typography, color theory, grid systems, layouts, etc), which results in work that is both beautiful and usable.
- Your design thinking spreads across a range of screens (desktop, mobile, etc) and can extend to print media.
- You excel at turning complex concepts and content into accessible, approachable designthat increases understanding and generates action. Ideally, you also have meaningful experience designing data visualization.
- You are passionate about making the world a better place, and your portfolio shows meaningful, high-polish work that helps clients pursue greater social impact.
- You understand how stuff gets built—how design comps and prototypes translate into interactive experiences—and how to balance creative exploration with practical necessity.
- You stay current with digital technologies and design trends. You keep your eye on what’s new, and are comfortable working with developers to implement great work.
- You have rock-solid Sketch and Creative Suite skills, and a growing list of other tools such as Invision, Zeplin, Adobe XD, and Figma, that you explore and implement into your design process when necessary.
- You are thoughtful, well-spoken, and a persuasive presenter; able to clearly articulate your thinking and design decisions to clients and coworkers.
- You are naturally collaborative and have experience leading workshops and strategy sessions (content mapping, card sorting, moodboarding, etc) that bring out the best in others.
- You are a strong writer, a core design skill that we encourage and develop. You will contribute to writing strategic briefs and other client-facing documents, and you’ll be asked to share your thinking on strategy, design, and process to our Insights blog.
- You’re a motivator who mentors those around you, asking questions, listening, andrelying on your experience to provide guidance and insights that help others create effective solutions within project parameters.
- 3-5 years minimum interactive design experience
- B.A. or higher in related field
- Must be available to work in our NYC office
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 15 Paid Days Off (10 Personal, 5 Sick) + 1 Additional Personal Day Accrued per Year
- Half-Day Summer Fridays (Memorial Day to Labor Day)
- Paid Time Off Between Christmas & New Year’s
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Profit-Sharing Annual Bonus Plan
- $1,000 Annual Professional Development Stipend
- 401(k) (currently with 4% Match)
- Access to Company Cell Phone Plan
- Access to Company Boxing Classes & Gym
- Company Happy Hour Every Non-Summer Friday
- Bi-monthly company events and annual staff retreat