Senior Director of Marketing Technology
Smile Train is a 501(c)(3) organization based in New York City with a sustainable approach to a single, solvable problem: cleft lip and palate. Founded in 1999, Smile Train focuses on providing free cleft-related training for doctors and medical professionals. We have assisted more than 1,000,000 children to date. Check out our website at smiletrain.org to learn more.
The incoming Senior Director of Marketing Technology will evolve and optimize Smile Train’s digital and data strategy to support exponential business growth, allowing Smile Train to create a bigger impact globally. Reporting to the VP, Marketing, you will work closely across our marketing, content, fundraising / development, and other internal teams to drive critical activities supporting retention and acquisition initiatives. The ideal candidate should have a passion and leader’s vision for optimizing systems and data, as well as be marketing-minded.
The responsibilities for this role include the ability to manage the entire technology life cycle, from interpreting the needs of the business (known or discovered) through implementation into support. This role requires an understanding of marketing/technology platforms, and experience in managing projects, acting as the conduit between stakeholders, and internal and external teams.
Smile Train’s web development and the marketing data teams report into this position. The Senior Director of Marketing Technology must have practical understanding and relevant skillset to manage both digital marketing / user experience and data maintenance and strategy.
- Advise on the design and business requirements for the marketing technology stack, and develop a strategic technology roadmap
- Drive continuous innovation in digital marketing, including testing methodology, measurement, creative, and marketing automation tools
- Improve processes and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Analyze results of all campaigns, using learnings to optimize campaign performance and set future test plans, create and refine actionable audience targets and promotions
- Oversee Smile Train’s web development team on the build of new websites, landing pages, and new web features, ensuring that we deliver quality work to our internal stakeholders, on-time and on-budget
- Oversee Smile Train’s data team, ensuring that data is structured according to best practices, reporting and features are delivered on-time to internal and external stakeholders, and data privacy and compliance laws and guidelines are implemented
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, with 5-7 years focused on marketing technology and big data
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related field
- Solid knowledge of the complete digital marketing landscape and a history of success managing digital marketing programs that drive business results
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable using data to drive decision-making
- Ability to lead thinking and develop strategy but willing to be hands-on as needed
- Hands-on experience working with: Google Analytics, CMS platforms, marketing platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus) and other relevant marketing systems
- Experience managing a CRM and data system to enhance a donor base (Salesforce experience strongly preferred)
- Strong ability to represent and document business processes, interaction flows, data flow processes, use cases, test cases, business requirements, user stories, etc.
- Proven ability to provide leadership and mentorship to a growing team
- Strong problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
Smile Train is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
How to Apply