Senior Director of Enterprise Sales
Resilia is a fast growing, venture-backed, mission-driven SaaS tech startup with offices in NYC and New Orleans. Resilia’s SaaS-based impact intelligence platform helps nonprofit organizations build capacity and scale programs in a data-driven manner. In parallel, the platform enables Enterprises (foundations, corporations, and cities) to measure and scale the impact of their grant deployments.
Resilia has been featured in Fast Company, Forbes, PitchBook, and VentureBeat, and was recently named a Rising Star of the Forbes Cloud 100. Visit us at resilia.com to learn more.
Every year, foundations and corporations award nearly $100 billion in grant deployments in the US alone. Such deployments play a major role in addressing some of society’s biggest challenges, spanning social justice, pandemic response, environmental protection and everything in between. Yet the impact of this funding remains loosely captured, at worst untraceable. Resilia aims to close the funding deployment-impact tracking loop through a combination of technology, analytics and human capital.
Our impact intelligence platform enables nonprofits to take a data-driven approach towards building fundraising, programmatic and operational capacity while capturing impact on a real-time basis. It replaces outdated technology and talent scarcity with a one-stop shop for nonprofit needs. This allows nonprofits to focus on serving their causes versus being bogged down with regulatory filings, everyday paperwork, data collection, and communication between grantees and grantors.
At the same time, the platform enables Enterprises (foundations, corporations and cities) to measure the impact of grant deployments across their portfolio in order to drive data-driven funding decisions.
With a first-to-market solution and a team of builders with extensive startup, nonprofit, and corporate experiences, Resilia is well poised to democratize technology in order to solve some of the social good sector’s biggest legacy challenges, while re-defining the notion of Nonprofit Tech.
About the Role
Resilia’s Enterprise Sales team is the key revenue driver for the company and supports our mission by enabling the adoption of the impact intelligence platform by grantmaking foundations, corporations, cities and as an outcome, nonprofits.
The Senior Director of Sales will be a “trailblazer”, experienced at bringing new technology products to the market in a consultative sales capacity, preferably with some experience selling within the social sector (Corporate CSR, Foundation, Nonprofit and/or Government space). You will be responsible for forging new Enterprise partnerships and shepherding relationships all the way to close. This includes prospecting, creating and advancing opportunities, managing a robust pipeline, cultivating relationships, and effectively communicating the value of Resilia to strategic stakeholders in complex organizations.
Reporting to the SVP of Revenue, success in this role will require you to navigate the product-market fit journey while operating effectively as a stellar enterprise salesperson and an extraordinary problem solver, project manager, and team player.
What you will do:
- Lead innovative deals with high-profile Enterprise clients (foundations, corporations, governments) across the full sales cycle
- Develop the arc of the sale and seamlessly lead client stakeholders along the way
- Develop pricing, deal structure, proposal, and presentations to drive forward the sale
- Negotiate terms and close
- Achieve or exceed quarterly and annual quota, agreed upon in advance. This is entirely a new account acquisition role (New ARR). Existing account expansion is not in scope for the role
- Develop prospecting plans for territory development
- Serve as an individual contributor, to begin with, gradually scaling into a player-coach role on the sales team
- Serve as a thought partner to consistently improve Resilia’s product by bringing insights from external conversations back into the company
- Work closely with Customer Success to set up new clients for success through effective handoffs and realistic expectation setting
- Work with Marketing & Revenue Operations to help the broader Revenue organization achieve its collective goals
- Collaborate with the R&D, Product & Engineering to continually improve the design of our solution to meet Resilia’s strategic objectives
- Represent Resilia at conferences and events as a speaker, panelist, or facilitator to improve and build on our thought leadership
Who you are & what makes you qualified:
- 8+ years of consultative, relationship-driven sales experience (Enterprise SaaS) OR equivalent nonprofit industry experience (especially in institutional giving, grantmaking, partnerships, and connected areas)
- Solid experience selling products and services that are new to market, or similar trailblazing experience
- Experience selling to Corporate CSR, Foundations, Nonprofits & Governments, preferably selling six-figure deals.
- Proven history of consistent overachievement of sales quota & revenue goals
- Proven ability to consistently develop and manage pipeline and forecasting. Exceptional time and desk management skills.
- Trailblazer mindset deeply ingrained in being entrepreneurial, self-starter and obsessive problem solver. You do not need a template or script to get your job done.
- Ability to be scrappy and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience that establishes an intuitive understanding of how complex organizations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies and/or large foundations. Ideally, both
- Strong, clear, and concise writing and presentation skills with the ability to command a room. You are great at thought-partnering with senior leaders at such organizations and can engage the most accomplished intellectuals.
- Natural ability to build trust and relationships with external stakeholders in an authentic manner
- Ego-free approach to giving and receiving feedback. You are a lifelong learner and believe in continuous skill development.
This position is based in New York City. While we expect to be in a remote sales model for a considerable period of time, traveling for client meetings and conferences is expected to resume once it is safe to do so. Resilia’s excellent benefits include unlimited vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401k program, and commuter benefits.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter (no longer than one page) to email@example.com.
Resilia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on LinkedIn via this link.