Senior Digital Strategist
Equal Justice USA
EJUSA seeks a storyteller and project manager with vision and expertise — and who has a passion for race equity — to conceptualize initiatives and then execute them across platforms for sustained impact. The Senior Digital Strategist (SDS) is a new position on the Strategic Communications team. This role will raise EJUSA’s digital profile; amplify the work at the local, state, and federal level; identify new audiences and build audience engagement; as well as support broader communications objectives. The SDS will report to and partner with the Director of Strategic Communications and will work closely with the Communications Coordinator to develop and implement a high impact digital and social media program. The SDS will develop and lead digital creative campaigns and projects that showcase EJUSA’s impact, grow audiences, and engage them more deeply in EJUSA’s programs and overall vision.
The SDS will work across EJUSA’s key focus areas: ending the death penalty, racial justice, violence reduction, trauma-informed policing, and healing justice. The SDS will build strong relationships and collaborate with other functional leaders including the Director of National Organizing and Narrative Shifting and the Director of Development. The SDS creates and develops digital strategies and digital campaigns, manages website and landing page builds, creates social channels, email, SMS, and influencer engagement strategies. They provide reporting and analysis to build on recent success.
The ideal candidate is passionate about racial and social justice and brings experience designing, implementing, and analyzing multi-platform digital campaigns and programs. They are a collaborative team player who can think big and dig into the details across multiple complex issue areas and functions.
- Oversee the development and execution of EJUSA’s short- and long-term digital strategies and initiatives that center impacted communities and speak to different constituencies to bridge existing national divides
- In collaboration with the Communications Coordinator, develop content that captures the intersection of our values and recent movement in justice, and incorporate into all relevant digital assets and tactics (e.g., influencer strategies, websites, social media, video, graphics, etc.)
- Develop email campaigns grounded in EJUSA’s work to build community power, with a demonstrable emphasis on race equity, for a variety of constituencies that helps grow lists and increase engagement
- Develop and execute strategic, effective paid social media ad campaigns in collaboration with the Communications Coordinator and, as necessary, key program staff
- Oversee EJUSA’s digital assets, including websites and social media accounts, working with the Communications Coordinator to ensure a consistent organizational voice and a steady stream of engaging content that taps into the prevalent justice issues of the moment
- Explore the organizational potential for SMS messaging as an effective way to complement our community organizing and engage our audiences more effectively
- Establish digital media metrics (goals, objectives, and measures of success) that strengthen the impact and outreach of all EJUSA program initiatives and network partners
- Compile and summarize results of analytics for websites, email campaigns, text message campaigns, and social networks into monthly digital reports for the director and periodic reporting to the board of directors.
- Develop departmental digital policies and procedures for consistency and clarity in our work
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Click on this link to apply: