Build campaigns for bold causes.
You’ll be responsible for crafting state-of-the-art digital campaigns for a wide range of clients in the nonprofit, advocacy and brand sectors. You’ll shape and manage purpose-driven programs that deepen relationships in service of shaping public policy, raising money, or growing brand loyalty.
- Develop cross-channel communications programs that seek to grow and mobilize communities of donors, members, issue advocates, and brand loyalists.
- Develop creative concepts and translate them into succinct and effective copy across all platforms.
- Work closely with designers, analysts, and paid media planners to build and optimize campaigns and web-based content strategy.
- As part of a team, pitch concepts and explain plans to client stakeholders.
- Oversee (and occasionally contribute to) the production, delivery and QA of emails, social media content, and web pages.
- Maintain deep knowledge of social/political/economic issues that impact your clients as well as continual education within your discipline.
- Stay aware of the latest digital trends and develop a POV on how/whether our clients should take advantage of them to push their programs forward.
As a senior communications strategist, you’ll be a part of the global Content and Campaigns team. Made of up of many talented writers, fundraisers, and internet obsessives, this team is responsible for turning overall strategies into actionable plans and compelling copy.
Top things we’re looking for
You should be a strategic thinker and doer capable of guiding prominent organizations and causes toward more effective use of the latest digital technology and communications. Faced with an ever-growing array of platforms, channels and datasets, organizations need a steady partner to translate their business needs into strategic digital campaigns — and to ensure those campaigns are executed smoothly and efficiently.
You’re right for this job if you’ve worked at a nonprofit and been frustrated by the pace of innovation; if you’ve worked at an agency and yearned for work that felt more meaningful; if you’re eager to design digital programs that do more than look good — that actually work.
- 5+ years in digital marketing, campaigning, or organizing
- Impeccable writing skills
- Methodical, problem-solving mindset and attention to detail
- Team player with the willingness and ability to lead
- Self-starting and flexible; ambitious yet humble approach
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.