Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country, is hiring an online campaigner to manage digital efforts behind our state-by-state legislative, ballot and electoral victories. The position is based in our New York City office and reports to the Digital Campaigns Director.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced digital organizer who can take ownership of a portfolio of state campaigns and consult with political and electoral stakeholders on effective digital strategy. Here are the four primary areas of proficiency needed to excel at this position:
- Strategist: Translate political goals into smart digital campaign plans and creative tactics leveraging email, web content, SMS, social media, and paid advertising.
- Writer: Draft heartbreaking, riveting email and social copy that tells the story of gun violence and inspires our grassroots supporters to take action.
- Project Manager: Deliver flawless products that are on-message for multiple campaigns on frequently competing timelines.
- Analyst: Evaluate results and consistently propose ways to use limited resources for maximum impact in fundraising, mobilization and messaging.
- You’ll work closely with members of the State Affairs, Political, Organizing, and Communications teams to design and execute winning campaigns for a particular region of the country.
- Draft and maintain campaign plans and calendars for all states in your region.
- Manage external vendors for design, website development, and advertising.
- Manage the technical execution of your campaigns across all digital channels including, email, social channels, SMS, and paid advertising.
- You’ve got at least three years of experience managing grassroots digital campaigns or email program(s) for non-profits or political campaigns.
- A fast-paced, campaign-like environment with a growing, diverse team sounds exciting rather than intimidating.
- Degree in Journalism, English, Political Science or related fields a plus.
- Exceptional ability to write creatively, copy-edit, and proofread in a rapid response environment.
- Experience constructing and checklisting HTML emails, using mass mailer software (bonus if ActionKit), and constructing and troubleshooting simple CMS-driven webpages.
- Strong comfort level with digital analytics and email metrics.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
Please note: we verify information provided in the application process, including education.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.