Senior Desktop Support
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
If you’ve ever given online to a Democratic candidate or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our software. We’re a tech-nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The primary focus of this role is to be the go-to technical resource for ActBlue staff, who work remotely across the country and in ActBlue offices in Davis Sq, Somerville. This involves providing high-touch support to our org executives, oversight of the physical office space and providing day-to-day end user support. You will handle SAAS administration, monitoring of and improvements to IT processes, and ownership of IT-related projects.
The Senior Desktop Support role will report to the IT Manager. You will also be tightly connected to Security, who you’ll be working with on implementation of security related projects, HR to refine onboarding and offboarding automations and other dept. leads on specific application rollouts and assisting with projects related their depts. tech needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Oversee, improve and participate (as needed) in core IT processes, including but not limited to employee onboarding, offboarding, incident management, and change management
- Providing day-to-day end user support and SAAS administration
- Provide technical support for hardware (laptops, conferencing equipment, peripherals, etc) and core application support
- Work with vendors to resolve technical issues with our SAAS apps and ordering tech equipment needed for networking, badge systems.
- Provide end-user training and documentation for areas of expertise
- Lead and coordinate security-related configuration and programs
- Maintain excellent technical and project documentation
- Collaborate with team members to effectively manage our IT applications that include security related tooling and MDM software
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in technical customer support, direct experience supporting company executives preferred
- Experience with developing, documenting, and maintaining processes, methods and tools
- Project management experience, including management of technical projects with significant cross functional interdependencies
- Strong experience with Slack, Atlassian, JAMF, GSuite and Zoom
- Experience with Okta / SSO / identity provider integrations
- Experience supporting Apple computing devices, e.g. Mac, iPhone, iPad
- Experience supporting meeting room technology, e.g. telephony, video, Zoom, etc.
- Experience in implementation and/or responsibility for computer security
- Experience supporting wired/wireless networking issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, communicative, collaborative approach and style
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES:
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We understand that the tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
- Security is at the center of everything we do. We are always on the lookout for ways to further harden our platform.
- We know that code isn’t just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
- We believe that being correct isn’t enough; respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in office, salaried position based in Somerville, MA.
In the short term: Due to COVID-19, we have shifted our entire staff to fully remote until January 2022. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and begin employment remotely from your home office if you are hired for this role. If working out of our ActBlue offices in Somerville long-term will entail relocation for you, we will work with you directly to make sure you’re able to relocate in a reasonable time frame once ActBlue resumes standard in-office work patterns.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits or home office stipend; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; a generous professional development stipend; three months paid parental leave for all genders, adoptions included; and a flexible time off policy.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
How to Apply
Please apply via this link: https://secure.actblue.com/available-positions?gh_jid=5505955002.