Senior Associate, Web Development
Department: Global Brand & Strategic Communications
Reports To: Senior Director, Digital Communications
Location: New York Office, or Virtually in the US
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to build workplaces that work for women because progress for women is progress for everyone. We achieve our mission by partnering with 800+ Supporter organizations to help them make positive changes in their organizations. We give companies and CEOs the trusted advice and expertise they need to drive workplace talent transformations in complex, global businesses.
Summary of Team
The Global Brand & Strategic Communications (GBSC) department includes the communications, editorial, design, digital, social media, and content project management teams. Our customers are our colleagues based throughout North America and Europe. Though all Catalyst staff are working remotely during the pandemic, about half the members on our highly productive team are based in Catalyst’s NYC office with the other half working remotely from home-based offices on a permanent basis. We proudly transform Catalyst’s cutting-edge research into reports, virtual learning, research tools, and other knowledge products that our Supporters and the public engage with on their journey to create more inclusive workplace cultures. Additionally, the digital team is responsible for the digital transformation of the Catalyst digital ecosystem as well as product management and development of the catalyst.org website.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Sr. Associate, Web Development will report to the Sr. Director, Digital, and will support the development of the Catalyst website and digital platforms with a focus on optimizing our Supporters’ online experience. The Catalyst.org website is built on WordPress; we also use Salesforce CRM and a range of tools for reporting and data collection. The Sr. Associate, Web Development will maintain optimal digital experiences across these platforms, support the development of custom solutions, and provide end-user support. The ideal candidate will be a multi-tasking problem-solver with: strong technical skills and hands-on development (WordPress, HTML/CSS, PHP) experience; proven knowledge of best practices in website UX, site architecture and accessibility; experience in database and CRM management; exceptional organization and prioritization skills; and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Website administration and maintenance: collaborate with our web development agency to manage administrative aspects of our WordPress website, including plug-in updates, performance optimization, and security patches as needed.
- Database administration: improve data quality, import/export data, and map fields between platforms.
- Manage queue of troubleshooting, reporting, and other internal digital support requests by vetting requests for information and completing requests, or escalating when needed.
- Front-end development and site-building: hands-on coding and updates to WordPress content, navigation, plugin settings, templates, stylesheets.
- Create and maintain documentation including end-user instructions, workflows, functional documentation, and test scripts.
- Support the Sr. Director, Digital in managing digital platform expenses and tracking invoices.
- Train website editors on how to publish content in our WordPress CMS. Manage permissions and access for website editors.
- Support digital product development, gather project requirements, and complete other tasks in support of our website product roadmap.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in WordPress website development.
- Technical expertise to perform responsibilities outlined above, including strong knowledge of HTML/CSS, Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, and project management software such as Asana.
- Problem-solving driven by creativity, initiative, quick-thinking, and collaboration.
- Curious and interested in learning about and creating engaging digital experiences and growing your skills to improve our Supporters’ experience with our website.
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts.
- Customer service orientation: helpful and positive attitude with previous experience in an end-user technical support role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on tact and diplomacy, and ability to respond quickly and effectively to the staff of varying technical backgrounds.
- To excel in this role, candidates must be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow-through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How to Apply
To apply, visit: https://catalyst.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=40