Seasonal Gift Processing Assistant
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care in over 70 countries to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $400 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Technology, Product, and Services team is responsible for managing a best-of-breed technology ecosystem, gift processing, supporting department wide strategy and planning and stewarding donors with exceptional service.
The NY office of MSF-USA is seeking a temporary full time Gift Processing Assistant to provide general support to the gift processing team throughout the year.
– Administrative Support
o Coordinate and communicate status of incoming/outgoing mail with our check processing vendor
o Process and record invoices
o Contribute to the creation and/or maintenance of business process documentation in SharePoint
o Develop familiarity and expertise of various fundraising units
– Data Entry
o Record donor and gift data into Fundraising database
– Data Quality Control
o Merging duplicate records, performing donation adjustments, correcting address information, etc.
o Assist with monitoring restricted gifts
– Other tasks as required
– Excellent interpersonal communication skills
– Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills (Excel macros a plus).
– Familiarity with relational databases (in particular, Salesforce), a plus.
– Excellent problem-solving skills.
– Organized, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
– Keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time and follow up as necessary
– Willing to ask questions
– Proficiency in SQL/Oracle a strong plus.
– Demonstrated interest in MSF mission.