Reports to: Head of Delivery Services
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt, grade 6 position
Date: April 2021
The Scrum Master serves as an onsite Scrum Master for one or more Vanguard Charitable (VC) development teams in an agile environment. This individual partners with Business Analysts, business stakeholders, and the offshore Scrum Masters to understand business requirements and drive technology teams to enhance IT systems and processes and deliver value. Additionally, this person supports organizational agility with the VC business.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) VC onsite Scrum Master for one or more Vanguard Charitable offshore development teams responsible for partnering with offshore Scrum Master to drive agile philosophies and agile best practices with the development team, optimizing business and client value.
2) Successfully facilitate all iteration ceremonies: backlog grooming, planning, refinement, stand-ups, retrospectives.
3) Create a strong team culture, demonstrating a servant leadership model.
4) Support and guide team in hitting team-level, elevation-level, and IT team goals to deliver value and drive team maturity and continuous improvement. Ensure necessary feedback is provided across the organization to continuously improve and refine processes.
5) In partnership with Business Analysts, ensure business and Product Owner priorities and requirements are defined and met.
Identify and remove impediments; raise impediments to the manager with proposals for solutions as appropriate.
6) Develop strong relationships with Product Owners and Program Managers, acting as a consultative business partner in solutions and prioritizing; ensure that meetings with business are purposeful, effective, and well-organized.
7) Exhibit interest and motivation in individual learning and improvement; solicits and accepts feedback
8) This individual may also be tasked with driving additional projects. Assumes ownership of project(s) from scoping through delivery, and ensures that projects are aligned with departmental and business goals and objectives.
9) Oversees and manages business test planning and system readiness for release effort. Coordinates efforts of team members supporting testing activities. Represents team in necessary technical and leadership conversations.
10) Ensures team complies with Vanguard Charitable technology policies and procedures.
11) Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three to five years of professional experience with a minimum of 2 years of project management/Scrum Master experience. Experience in an agile environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, project teams, and technology initiatives.
- Detail-oriented, organized, timely, dependable, articulate, and collegial.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships; experience communicating with people who have different comfort levels with technology.
- Produces high-quality work under minimal supervision.
- Proven computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal, consultation, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to manage work of team members, conflict, deadlines, priorities, and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Preferred experience supporting an offshore team.
- Intermediate understanding of all business functions, technology needs, tools, and other applications that interface with VC processes so that they can be clearly articulated to, and leveraged for, the business users.
Vanguard Charitable is not offering employment-based sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug screening result.
How to Apply
Please apply at –