Salesforce Senior Developer
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a team-oriented and proactive Salesforce Senior Developer. This job reports to the Director of Technical Support in the Development Systems Department of PPFA out of the New York City office. The incumbent can work out of New York City or telecommute. The Development Systems Department maintains and supports the fundraising database and CRM, related systems, system integration, reporting and analysis, and general data needs of the National Development Division and those of the affiliates participating in the Collaborative Fundraising Program.
- The Salesforce Senior Developer is responsible for development and configuration on PPFA’s Salesforce CRM platform currently utilizing NGO Connect as our donor database. Leveraging the full set of tools and components available in the Salesforce platform and ecosystem the Salesforce Senior Developer will develop customized solutions that enhance the base functionality of the CRM. The Salesforce Senior Developer will work closely with members of the Development Systems team and vendors to build and maintain custom solutions, data services, and third party applications in Salesforce.
- Serve as the Salesforce expert in ongoing operations as well as in our strategic planning for a migration to Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) also known as the Non-Profit Cloud.
- Lead the Salesforce custom code development effort and testing process for the Development Systems team.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Salesforce, NGO Connect, NPSP, and custom PPFA data structures for the Development System Team.
- Oversee all Salesforce administration
- Develop efficient, secure solutions using Salesforce technology (Apex code, Lightning Aura Components and Lightning Web Components, Declarative Development) for the NGO Connect platform.
- Maintain the Release Management process for custom code deployment that supports multiple developers (team members) and includes testing, quality assurance, and version control.
- Develop and oversee adherence to best practices for Salesforce Administration as well as in Apex, and Lightning coding techniques.
- Oversee and execute Salesforce Administration in collaboration with the PPFA Salesforce CRM team
- Document release details and case resolutions information in ticketing tracking system in Salesforce
- Maintain knowledge of and implement Salesforce and PPFA best practices for coding. Keep abreast of PPFA security and privacy policies and assist in their evaluating development.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs in legacy code, refactor and improve code where possible.
- Oversee and manage Salesforce performance issues including engineering code and declarative solutions to handle large data volumes while avoiding errors due to Salesforce governor limits and other platform restrictions.
- Participate in the configuration, testing and planning for migration Salesforce NPSP
- Pro-actively investigate and suggest solutions from the Salesforce AppExchange
- Manage automated daily backups of Salesforce metadata.
- Maintain and enhance API integrations with between the Salesforce environment and other PPFA and third-party systems
- Maintain and enhance custom Web-to-Case HTML public and PPFA affiliate facing forms
- As part of the PPFA Salesforce CRM team, manage configuration and deployment of solutions into the PPFA Salesforce environment including custom objects and fields, workflows, sandboxes, roles, permission sets, and profiles.
- Collaborate with Donor Database Support and Training staff to develop training and documentation of functionality and data model.
- Liaise with PPFA vendors such as Salesforce, WealthEngine, Conga, and KnowWho, to resolve issues and communicate PPFA concerns and priorities.
- Collaborate with developers from other national non-profits using Salesforce to identify shared challenges and successful solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Computer Science Degree or related field (AA or BA) or commensurate experience.
- 3-6 years of experience on the Salesforce platform as Developer or Administrator
- 4 years of application design and development experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and customizing Salesforce.com application via web services, Apex, SOQL, VisualForce, Eclipse IDE, Data Loader, Reports and Dashboards
- 2+ years of working with clients and vendors developing solutions and supporting projects from requirements gathering to release management
- Extensive experience programming in Salesforce Apex and Lightning (either Aura Components or Lightning Web Components) languages
- Experience implementing and integrating Salesforce third-party applications, AppExchange products and tools.
- Background with nonprofit database systems, NGO Connect or NPSP preferred.
- Solid understanding of relational modeling, database design and data integration tools.
- Understanding of database performance tuning practices and techniques preferred.
- Experience with CRM applications and ETL tools preferred.
- Experience with API integration into and out of Salesforce
- Experience working with outside development and interdepartmental teams.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects.
- Ability to present technical projects and explain technical options to technical and non-technical audiences
- CERTIFICATIONS: Salesforce Developer – preferably Platform Developer I; Salesforce Administrator
- 5-10% Domestic
Starting Salary: 110K
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We’re committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply