Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America has an opportunity for a Salesforce Administrator in the Development Systems team. Development Systems supports the fundraising databases, system integration, reporting and analysis, and general data needs of the National Development division and those of the affiliates participating in the Collaborative Fundraising Program. Reporting to the Director of Technical Support, the Salesforce Administrator is responsible for development and configuration on PPFA’s new Salesforce.org/NGO Connect CRM platform. The Salesforce Administrator will work closely with members of the Development Systems team and vendors to build and maintain custom solutions, data services, and third party applications in Salesforce both during and after the initial implementation phase, as well as playing a critical role in defining and implementing future enhancements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, spec, develop, test, configure, administer, and deploy solutions on the Salesforce.org/NGO Connect platform that support PPFA’s business requirements and follow best practices.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert of Salesforce, NGO Connect, and custom PPFA data structures and collaborate with other Development Systems staff to maintain documentation of the data model.
- Lead the planning, testing, and deployment of quarterly releases, security updates, custom enhancements and collaborate with support and training staff when necessary.
- Manage configuration of Salesforce environment including custom objects and fields, workflows, sandboxes, roles, permission sets, and profiles.
- Monitor and ensure the integrity of data services, including KnowWho legislative data.
- Manage the software testing process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments, and coordinating actual software testing.
- Work in collaboration with system vendors and PPFA staff to solve platform issues, optimize reporting performance, and ensure integrity of third party integrations.
- Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality to provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Keep abreast of PPFA security and privacy policies and assist in evaluating those capabilities of potential third party applications.
- Provide advanced support for Salesforce administrators and superusers.
- Assist in the writing and maintenance of technical documentation on processes, policies, and application configuration.
- Develop and create customized reports and dashboards.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Computer Science, related field or commensurate experience.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator.
- Solid experience implementing and integrating Salesforce third-party applications, App-Exchange products and tools.
- Background with nonprofit database systems, specifically roundCorner’s NGO Connect and/or Salesforce’s NonProfit Starter Pack (NPSP) is strongly preferred.
- Salesforce Administrator certification is preferred.
- Solid understanding of relational modeling, database design and data integration tools.
- Understanding of database performance tuning practices and techniques preferred.
- Experience with CRM applications and ETL tools preferred.
- Experience working with development vendors and interdepartmental teams.
- Excellent programming and problem solving skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent programming and problem solving skill.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work Independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.