MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES/DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS USA
Organization: Doctors Without Borders | Médecins Sans Frontières
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually to support the mission of the organization.
MSF-USA is seeking a Salesforce Administrator to join our new, growing team as we migrate from our legacy donor database, ROI to a modern tech stack including Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Springboard, a data warehouse, and several integrations.
Reporting to the Director of CRM Strategy, the Salesforce Admin will work closely with fundraising stakeholders, the Systems team, as well as external partners to understand the vision of the Salesforce ecosystem and help to implement ideas into reality. The ideal candidate for this position is a critical thinker with empathy and understanding of end user business needs, familiarity of fundraising practices and requirements, and Salesforce platform expertise in a nonprofit context.
Once the new system is launched, the Salesforce Admin will also work with the Senior Manager of Training & Change Management to promote user adoption and assist in system stabilization. As we stabilize, the Salesforce Admin will also be responsible for configuration and ongoing maintenance of the platform, declarative development of enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Participate in the CRM transformation project as an in-house technical representative, providing input on tradeoffs between customization and standardization, enhancements, and prioritization.
- Ensure that the needs of the Development team are accurately described and translated from business case to implementation for the CRM and related applications with consideration of technical debt and complexity.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Change Management & Training in developing materials, including defining internal business rules and data entry standards
- Develop and maintain role and access control matrix in coordination with Systems (IT) department
- Partner with the Research & Analytics team in Development to support report creation, delivery, and maintenance for key financial and fundraising reports needed at the launch of the new CRM
- Serve on the internal data migration team and core technical team, learning alongside the vendors’ implementation of Salesforce and its add-ons to be prepared to support the highly customized Salesforce instance post-launch
- Support data migration
- Perform quality assurance testing and assist in user acceptance testing as needed.
- Serve as the primary system administrator for the MSF-USA’s Salesforce Large Data Volume (LDV) instance which includes:
- 40+ users in Fundraising, Finance, and Programs
- Apps for duplicate management, address verification, and advanced reporting to support fundraising
- Archived data management
- Integrations with financial systems, prospect research tools (iWave), and data warehouse
- Support system stabilization by handling all basic administrative functions including:
- User account setup and maintenance
- Creating and modifying fields, objects, validation rules, page layouts, workflow processes, and more as needed
- Administering permission sets, roles, and system access to maintain integrity of data
- Configuration and modification of user roles and access control matrix
- Creating reports and dashboards
- Running workflows and batch jobs
- Promoting change sets from sandbox to production and assist in environment management
- Completing regular internal system audits and preparing for updates
- Managing data feeds and other integrations using data loader
- Serve as user base support with questions and issues; triaging and escalating as needed to vendors, architects and trainers
- Maintain, prioritize and report on user request and issues backlog
- Keep up-to-date documentation on system configuration and administrative processes
- Keep abreast of Salesforce system releases, features, and best practices, making recommendations to leaders about new features as appropriate
- Serve as an internal expert and advisor on Salesforce and Salesforce apps
- Provide input in the development of the product roadmap for Salesforce and related products with the CRM Director and product leaders
- Additional assignments as required
- Certified Salesforce Administrator credential with at least 2 years of experience working in similar organizations, managing and administering the Salesforce CRM platform
- Strong comfort level with the following:
- Administering users and system access
- Archival processes
- Importing data using Salesforce Data Loader, Batch Upload and similar tools
- Configuring Lightning experience pages and mobile layouts
- Configuring process builder, flows, and validation rules
- Setting up and maintaining permission sets, profiles, and roles
- Deploying change sets from sandbox to production
- Configuring and managing multiple sandboxes for development and deployment
- Excellent listening skills to fully understand requirements and pain points
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests in an organized and effective manner
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics at all levels of the organization and across departments
- Ability to work independently and proactively, comfortable with a fast paced environment
- Familiar with project management tools and agile methodologies
- Strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong commitment to MSF mission and humanitarian principles
- Experience configuring or administering NPSP/Nonprofit Cloud, particularly with large data volumes
- Experience with nonprofits and fundraising practices
- Experience with Apsona
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Integration/middleware experience is a plus
Please note that relocation assistance and visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
How to Apply
Please use the following link below to apply: