The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission:
We are working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative, and that it effectively serves the American people. We have a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic, and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced, and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion, and respect
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks, and deliver results
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan, and fiscally responsible
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
The Partnership for Public Service is seeking a Salesforce System Administrator who will lead the ongoing development and configuration of our Salesforce deployment. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills who can interface directly with internal stakeholders, understand their needs, and configure and customize the platform in order to meet the organization’s new and changing business requirements.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on all of the features and benefits of the system based on various departmental needs. This position will promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, and act as the primary contact and subject matter expert on complex and/or critical system issues and processes for the Partnership’s Salesforce platform.
The Salesforce Administrator will work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team of graphic design, marketing, editorial, media, and events staff; and as a result, should be able to collaborate with others and contribute ideas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily administration and support of Salesforce database including but not limited to managing multiple user setup, profiles and roles, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validations
- Configures and customizes Salesforce and extended applications to meet organizational needs
- Develops and creates customized reports and dashboards
- Builds expertise and self-sufficiency with Salesforce across the organization
- Works collaboratively across the organization to maintain the integrity of Salesforce data through continuous data quality oversight and maintenance which includes identifying duplicate and incomplete records, managing bulk data imports and updates, and assisting with data analysis
- Creates and maintains documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, and help-related materials for staff as database applications are developed
- Keeps up with new Salesforce product features and functionality and provides recommendations for process improvements
- Assists (occasionally) with other technological tasks in the absence of other team members
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Ability to bridge communication between non-technical user base and technical development needs
- Ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong data management abilities
- Interest in trends and developments within the technology industry and a passion for the potential of technology tools to transform the work of a nonprofit
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to organize multiple and varied projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates an interest in the vision and the mission of the Partnership for Public Service
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Three to five years’ experience performing work developing, configuring or implementing Salesforce
- Salesforce Administrator certification or equivalent experience
- Salesforce App Builder certification and experience with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack is preferred
- Familiarity with FormAssembly or other form building tools
- Familiarity with MailChimp or other email marketing platforms
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Communications Director. This position may supervise one intern.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC and at external venues, both local and out-of-state. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer, and scanner.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm. There may be occasional evening or weekend activities required.
If travel occurs, it is usually local and during business hours.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401(k) program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of vacation leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and subsidized use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration, and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Please visit our website at https://ourpublicservice.org/careers/