Applies industry best practices to the management of projects throughout the full project life cycle, from initiating to closing, including work management, resource management, scope and timeline management, quality management, risk management, communication and stakeholder management, etc., across projects as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Facilitates project team meetings and coordination across functional leads and with internal and external partners to ensure all aspects of the project are delivered on schedule, within budget, and within scope.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of assigned projects and the status of all project components.
- Support project leadership in overall management of projects by anticipating deadlines, establishing change control, routinely reviewing scope, collecting information, and writing status reports; proactively anticipate and identify challenges to achieving project milestones and benchmarks and initiate actions to facilitate resolution of issues.
- Create and manage timelines, deliverables and workflow balance throughout all project phases; develop and manage work plans using a variety of work planning tools.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure team members have the resources and capacities needed so that projects are delivered on schedule.
- Provide support to team members in advancing deliverables and participate in meetings with content, program, policy and research experts to advance project goals.
- Develop project budgets in collaboration with assigned project teams.
- Develop new systems and processes to guide and define new work (e.g. define and clarify roles and decision sets, gain buy-in in, implement and assess processes, etc.)
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years of experience in project management.
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, or similar project management software and sophisticated Excel skills; proficiency using Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to understand, analyze, interpret and make decisions about information received. Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects in various stages of development.
- Highly developed communication skills for interacting with diverse internal and external constituents and ability to work effectively with a variety of levels within and outside the organization.
- Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and exercise independent judgment and accomplish assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to keep projects on-task, on-budget and on-quality.
- Creativity and innovation and the ability to develop new and unique ways to improve operations; experience developing new systems and processes to guide and define new work.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in cross-functional teams; must have strong collaboration and relationship skills, proven ability to collaborate with and facilitate an interdisciplinary team.