Project Manager for Digital Technology (Marketing and Collaboration)
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
New York, NY
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Systems Department in the U.S. office of Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) acts like the organization’s central nervous system, providing the vital information infrastructure to ensure the smooth functioning of all its operations. The Systems Department is responsible for building, configuring and maintaining the technical architecture, both physical and virtual, which ensures MSF can achieve the ambitions of its mission.
The Project Manager for Digital Technology ensures successful planning, initiation, execution and completion of application development and deployment projects focused on digital marketing and collaboration technologies. The Project Manager for Digital Technology plays a key role in transforming and streamlining processes and implementing technology to support new ways of working. The Project Manager for Digital Tech provides ongoing mentoring on continuous improvement to business processes using digital marketing, intranet and collaboration tools. Responsibilities include working cross-functionally, across departments and collaborating with different teams, to ensure the alignment of newly deployed public-facing and internal platforms that provide a tailored experience to MSF’s donors and enable seamless and secure collaboration with MSF staff and partners.
General Project Management (25%)
- Determine resources required to meet the project goals and objectives for multiple simultaneous MaAgile methods of planning and delivery
- Work with System Department Business Analysts to ensure Agile practices are supported and followed and that future technical work is planned and documented according to the business value and outcomes it is meant to achieve
- Provide general system support, including configuration, regular maintenance, troubleshooting, data validation, process testing and delivery of system training by partnering with implementation vendors across the application development work streams
- Work closely with vendors and system experts to maintain system functionality and accuracy; manage vendors to ensure deliverables are met within contractually binding timelines and budgets
- Coordinate project schedules and activities with Systems team Iteration Manager and Business Analysts
- Prepare and deliver project-related internal communications
- Research best in class practices, act as a technical and process consultant, recommend improvements and collaborate with the department leadership at MSF-USA to identify opportunities
- Provide key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if required)
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within and outside the department to ensure best practices are shared throughout the organization
- Ensure 100% adherence to all MSF-USA policies and procedures, especially as they relate to information security protocols and the protection of sensitive information
Continuous Improvement of Digital Marketing Platform Configuration and Adoption (50%)
- Collaborate with Fundraising Department and specifically marketing team stakeholders to gather requirements for digital marketing technology as new initiatives arise and new strategies are defined
- Guide the selection of vendors/partners who will work with MSF in the implementation of new digital marketing technologies and ensure implementation plans are executed to minimize time to value and achieve prioritized requirements
- Coordinate and/or support the training, configuration and content-generation activities associated with the evolution of MSF’s digital marketing technology to ensure it can be used as a driver for increased revenue and improved donor experience
Support to Collaboration and Information Sharing (20%)
- Develop and execute roadmap for Office365 application configuration and adoption, using best practices for ensuring secure and appropriate exchange of information and protection of MSF’s most sensitive digital assets
- Socialize new collaboration tools
- Configure Ticketing & Knowledgebase for the Systems Department
- Configure Ticketing & Knowledgebase for the Facilities Department
- Guide and support the international alignment of Office365 tools and assets with MSF’s offices in other countries, including the seamless exchange of data, to ensure that international collaboration is smooth and effective
- Design, build and roll out effective, easy-to-use data/analytics solutions/tools with an aim to improve MSF staff’s ability to use data visualization for improved decision making and analysis at all levels of the organization
- Conduct user testing for new systems and interfaces following best practices for research, analysis, testing and iterative improvement of interface design
- With the help of strategic and technical partners, develop a plan for MSF-USA’s first comprehensive intranet, document and asset management systems, using best practices to ensure the solutions are scalable for MSF USA in the long term and extensible to other MSF offices
Support the MSF movement’s high-level strategic projects (5%):
- Support Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Pilot
- Advise on development of new Field Research website for Medical Unit
Project managers within the Systems team may directly supervise full-time project staff, volunteers, temporary staff, consultants and/or vendors who are committed resources for the PM’s projects. The Project Manager for Digital Technology will provide oversight of contracted out-sourced resources who may be embedded temporarily in the Systems team.
The project manager is accountable for the transparent and meticulously documented project related budget and operational expense activities. S/he also provides routine and ad hoc budget vs. actuals reports to management and stakeholders before, during and after each phase of project execution.
Extent of Public Contact
The Project Manager for Digital Technology will have frequent contact with people outside the organization, including vendors, consultants, volunteers, donor advisory boards and members of the general public.
This position requires remaining productive and focused within the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical equivalent. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of previous experience in project management for digital marketing, collaboration, and/or web-development technology
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- PMI/PMP certification a plus. Experience working on Agile teams a strong plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UX design principles and best practices for iterative improvement of public-facing and internal interfaces
- Experience with PowerBI or other dashboard and data visualization technologies
- Superior organizational, time management and follow up skills.
- Strong data analysis, interpretation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong systems analysis capability, including familiarity with Visio and other workflow diagramming tools
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential material.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain data and findings to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a team environment.
- This position will require significant interaction with MSF’s other offices using Office365, SharePoint and possibly the same digital marketing platform. Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule as needed to accommodate varying time zones and available to travel 10-15% of the time.
- Experience in the NGO sector and specifically with technologies supporting digital optimization in fundraising, marketing and collaboration
Full Time Exempt
Starting salary mid 80s to low 90s (commensurate with experience).
Desired Hiring Date
26, November 2018
Working Time %
How to Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
ATTN: PROJECT MANAGER FOR DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY (MARKETING & COLLABORATION) Submissions without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: November 6, 2018