Project Manager, Digital Portal
While young people from low-income communities are disproportionately people of color who face systemic inequities in school, in the workforce, and life; they possess unique strengths, resilience, and tremendous potential. When provided with support and resources, these young people fulfill their potential and achieve success in school, work, and life.
Through a combination of mentoring and transformative experiences, Summer Search supports young people in successfully transition from adolescence into adulthood. We aim to unleash the potential of our young people while also building a toolkit for navigating and challenging systemic barriers to higher education and career opportunities.
As part of our four-year national strategic plan (2018-2022), Summer Search is seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead its efforts to launch a new digital community to bring together Summer Search participants, alumni, external volunteers, partners, and staff.
Specifically, the Project Manager, Digital Platform will:
- Develop and manage a detailed work plan within the existing project schedule to meet target deadlines to launch a web-/app-based digital platform for Summer Search
- Develop authentic and collaborative relationships with stakeholders through listening and co-creating an inclusive and engaging process
- Design and manage a detailed user experience research process to incorporate the needs, ideas, and values of stakeholders into the project deliverables
- Lead an internal working group of staff across sites and provide weekly updates to the group and other stakeholders
- Identify and design ongoing internal processes required to develop and maintain content and resources within the digital platform
- Serve as a primary point of contact with vendor(s) and project partners; assign tasks and communicate expected deliverables
- Manage vendor contracts and track project costs to meet the budget
WHO YOU ARE
We are seeking an experienced project manager, who has led complex projects in the technology or nonprofit industries, or both. We are also seeking a mission-driven leader, recognizing that this project, and Summer Search’s mission, is about access, inclusivity, and equity.
Specifically, this hire will bring:
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: A strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices and experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- PASSION FOR MISSION: A commitment to Summer Search’s mission of unleashing students’ potential through mentoring and transformative experiences
- ENTREPRENEURIAL MINDSET: Resourcefulness and a “get it done” attitude, with the ability to drive innovation, change, growth, and maintain a high degree of flexibility and creativity in a dynamic environment. Ability to integrate best practices with new thinking and approaches
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Track record of building authentic partnerships that demonstrate respect, empathy, and connection. Strong communicator with the ability to inspire a variety of diverse internal and external audiences. Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- CULTURAL HUMILITY: Cultural awareness and sensitivity in working with diverse and low-income populations, with an understanding of systems of oppression facing low-income communities of color
- ADAPTABILITY: Ability to adapt to unexpected situations while maintaining values aligned orientation to work. Demonstration of resiliency in the face of challenges and positivity in navigating change
- VALUES-ALIGNMENT: The ability to thrive in a collaborative and relationship-driven work culture; demonstrating personal qualities of empathy, openness, and authenticity
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Raiser’s Edge databases is strongly preferred
- Experience with Graduway platform is a plus
- Experience at a national, multi-site nonprofit or organization is a plus
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
Work hours are flexible based on the ongoing needs of the project. Typical working hours for National Staff are Monday–Friday, 9 am—5 pm.
This position is ideally based out of our Bay Area office (currently San Francisco but likely moving to Oakland in the Spring), though consideration will be made for applicants in any of Summer Search’s five regions (Bay Area, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, and Seattle).
Candidates should expect some limited travel to regional Summer Search offices to host focus groups, meetings, and training with stakeholders.
This position responsibility will be re-scoped approximately three months following the successful launch of the Digital Platform. The incumbent will not need to reapply.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We are committed to our staff’s learning, growth, and development. Our investment includes:
- The salary range for this position is $75,000 – $85,000
- Medical insurance with up to 90% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans
- 401(K) and Employer Match up to $2,000 annually
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 18 holidays (2 floating holidays of your choice, birthday day-off, 10 company-wide holidays, and a 1-week December closure)
- Individual, local, regional and national training
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care/community care
- Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
How to Apply
Click here to submit a resume and targeted cover letter, addressed to Seth Ellis, National Director of Alumni Relations and Development that answers the question, “Why are you interested in the the Project Manager, Digital Portal opportunity at Summer Search?”
SUMMER SEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.