Project Manager Digital Fundraising
Bread for the World
Bread for the World is a collective Christian voice urging our nation’s decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad. By changing policies, programs, and conditions that allow hunger and poverty to persist, we provide help and opportunity far beyond the communities in which we live. Bread for the World Institute provides policy analysis on hunger and strategies to end it.
Bread for the World is seeking a project manager to support the membership and fundraising activities of Bread and the Institute, with primary responsibility for meeting targets for digital fundraising and acquisition that are tied to the overall membership revenue goals and that integrate with multi-channel fundraising campaigns.
Under the direction of the deputy director of development and membership, the project manager will be responsible for the production and implementation of digital fundraising efforts that take place across digital platforms including web, email and social media.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years’ work experience with similar responsibilities; or a minimum of four years of work experience with similar responsibilities; knowledge and experience in digital communications and fundraising; experience with Excel and databases; Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online eCRM or other similar eCRM software is preferred.
To support the membership and fundraising activities of Bread for the World and Bread for the World Institute, with primary responsibility for meeting targets for digital fundraising and acquisition that are tied to the overall membership revenue goals and that integrate with multi-channel fundraising campaigns.
Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Development and Membership, the Project Manager for Digital Fundraising will be responsible for the production and implementation of digital fundraising efforts that take place across digital platforms including web, email, and social media.
Digital Fundraising and Member Acquisition – 60%
- Develops strategy; produces, executes and reports on all digital fundraising and membership acquisition campaigns. (Online fundraising raises about $700,000 per year.)
- Conceptualizes and designs original material for these campaigns, including specific strategies for engaging different segments within the online community.
- Coordinates with internal editorial, technical and creative staff and external fundraising consultant(s) to develop and execute all aspects of digital fundraising assets and data.
- Manages membership renewal, sustainer recruitment and peer-to-peer fundraising efforts for online constituents.
- Manages donation pages and creates donation forms and email auto-responders using the Luminate Online eCRM platform, ensuring proper source coding.
- Imports online donations daily into our database of record and reconciles gift.
- Pulls audience segmentation and utilizes suppression queries for email and social campaigns, and implements advanced personalization and segmentation strategies.
- Performs quality assurance and testing; troubleshoots and resolves email database and online donation issues as needed.
- Serves on the Digital Campaign Team, a cross-departmental team which meets weekly to design, plan and implement digital campaigns for outreach to the organizations’ online community; may provide leadership for projects within this team
- Adapts standard procedures and stays current on digital trends and advocates for the implementation of best practices including emerging technologies to drive increased digital fundraising.
Reporting and Analysis – 20%
- Designs and generates monthly reports, as well as campaign-specific reports, to monitor and evaluate the success of digital fundraising and member acquisition initiatives and projects and develops contingency plans if unit objectives are off track.
- Monitors digital campaign performance and perform analytics as needed; blends analysis, knowledge and insights to effectively enhance personal and organizational performance.
- Supports database and data hygiene on Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge.
Digital Advertising – 15%
- Manages digital advertising budget and negotiates contracts with ad or list rental vendors.
- Oversees the creation of digital ads to increase fundraising and membership acquisition.
- Designs reports and tracks performance to evaluate return on investment and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Secondary Responsibilities/Activities – 5%
- Represents the Department on assigned task forces and committees.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- BA or BS degree required and a minimum of two years’ work experience with similar responsibilities in digital fundraising OR
- Minimum of four years of work experience with similar responsibilities in digital fundraising
- Knowledge and experience in digital communications and fundraising; experience with Excel and databases; Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online eCRM or other similar eCRM software is preferred
- Knowledge of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, for fundraising/list growth purposes
- Working knowledge of HTML, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills (written, oral, and electronic), especially for a digital environment
- Experience utilizing project management principles
- Ability to meet deadlines on a daily basis with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to conduct research and analyses of multiple factors related to communicating with Bread’s large and growing online network and make data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships internally and externally which require a high degree of diplomacy and judgment in order to address and resolve substantive conflicts or escalate concerns to management.
- Ability to work independently as up to 40% performance and outcomes are subject to broad organizational review and up to 60% of the time are subject to management review.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor including dependability, flexibility, willingness to learn, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Christian faith perspective and advocacy to end hunger desirable.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
How to apply
Please click on the link below or fax your cover letter and resume to the attention of Kari Burnside at 202-688-1155.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY: Please click on the link below or fax your cover letter and resume to the attention of Kari Burnside at 202-688-1155.
Bread is an EOE.