Programmer/Analyst – CRM Systems
Would you like the opportunity to develop the next generation of CRM solutions for the Sierra Club, one of America’s most influential environmental organizations? With 125 years of hard-hitting advocacy under our belt, our organization utilizes powerful data about millions of activists, donors, and supporters. We are looking for a systems-savvy person with experience in Salesforce administration and development to work in Oakland and join our team.
The Programmer/Analyst – CRM Systems is a technical and business resource responsible for delivering customer relationship management (CRM), business intelligence (BI), and systems integration solutions. The Programmer/Analyst – CRM Systems works with business units as well as internal and external technology providers to define business requirements, design, implement, and integrate systems, and develop system enhancements, web services, and other products in support of the Club’s CRM needs.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, IT, the Programmer/Analyst – CRM Systems works with business units and other IT staff to identify business and technical requirements and design/implement the systems and related products to meet those needs, ensuring that CRM systems and related products interoperate with existing systems consistent with the Club’s overall technical architecture. The Programmer/Analyst – CRM Systems develops knowledge of Club’s business processes and core competencies, and the manner in which the Club’s work is done.
Essential Job Functions
- Is responsible for delivering CRM, BI, and systems integration solutions. The Programmer/Analyst – CRM Systems, works with business units as well as internal and external technology providers to define business requirements, design, code, test, implement, and integrate systems, and develop enhancements, web services, and other products in support of overall CRM requirements.
- Monitors and analyzes existing systems and procedures and implements modifications to those systems and integrations to maintain high-quality data and best meet business needs and improve IT system functions, processes, and procedures.
- Delivers reports, dashboards, and other BI and reporting products.
- Stays current of Salesforce CRM and related technologies, ensuring that technical solutions are compatible with the Club’s business needs and technical architecture.
- Performs special project assignments and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Weekend and/or evening work is rare but may be required to meet project deadlines and provide an adequate level of user service.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com CRM functions, configuration options, and issues. Working knowledge of the Force.com development platform with in-depth understanding of appropriate uses of the platform. Salesforce certification desirable.
- Knowledge ordinarily required through a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or information technology management.
- Three or more years of diverse experience in information systems management.
- A successful track record of delivering complex system functions on-time and on budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured testing/QA practices.
- The ability to function in a collaborative, consensus-driven environment.
- The ability to understand complex business issues.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit and is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract between Sierra Club and Sierra Employee Alliance.
We anticipate that this position will pay up to the mid-$80K range (depending on skills and experience). The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan. And to top it off, the great karma of helping to save the planet is infinite!
This is a category 5 exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Sierra Club employees are not eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
How to Apply
*If you are applying for more than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the Attachments section.
How to Apply
Please visit this link to apply: