The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Programmer Analyst for the Analytics and Research department. This position is responsible for creating reports, selecting data files, and uploading/downloading data with SQL, SSRS, Visual Basic, FTP, and other software, to maintain the constituent database.
This position will be responsible for:
- Working with internal database users to determine needs and solutions;
- Troubleshooting database issues and solving issues with the system tools;
- Utilizing SSRS reporting tool and SQL for data selection/reporting and analysis;
- Creating and validating reports using available database reporting tools;
- Analyzing, programming, maintaining uploads and downloads and the constituent databases;
- Managing time and goals;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ computer programming experience required, preferably with SQL;
- Strong working knowledge of constituency database and reporting software required;
- Proficiency with report-building, query creation, processing of uploads/downloads and interfaces and solid understanding of database architecture and data warehouse methodology;
- Strong written and verbal skills and strong analytical skills to include accuracy and precision with data;
- Some knowledge of donor cultivation and stewardship programs helpful but not required.