Program Associate, Evaluation and Learning (Data Analyst) – Washington, DC
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation
Are you passionate about improving lives, strengthening communities and reducing inequality? Does working with data make you giddy with delight? Want to put the two of them together? Come and work with me.
Program Associate, Washington DC
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and reduce inequality. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities.
The Program Associate (PA) is a member of the Evaluation and Learning team, which is part of the larger US Jewish Grantmaking team, based in Schusterman’s Washington, D.C., office. The PA will work with the Senior Program Officer for Evaluation and Learning to support evaluation, reporting, analytics and learning across the organization.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- At least 3 years of experience performing data analysis and project management duties required. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience in data collection, analysis and reporting, including but not limited to overseeing data collection, reviewing collected data for accuracy, reconciling inaccuracies, building reports, and conducting financial and other analyses required.
- Analytical abilities necessary to plan and organize programs and activities, interpret data, and identify opportunities to utilize resources effectively required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deliver a high-quality work product in a fast-pace environment required.
- Experience in training and building internal staff capacity to understand, interpret and make decisions on data presented preferred.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including the ability to implement an action plan required.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and effective working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, colleagues, current grantees, potential grantees, young Jewish adults, other grantor organizations and the general public required.
- An ability to comfortably conduct formal presentations required.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge of: (a) modern office practices and procedures; (b) the use of office machines and equipment; and (c) basic web skills and comfort required. Knowledge of Salesforce, Qualtrics and Tableau is preferred.
- Ability to travel, upon occasion, required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Program Associate – E&L.” Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.