Performance Insights Measurement & Evaluation Contractor
Michael and Susan Dell Foundation
The Foundation (www.dell.org ) is dedicated to improving the lives of children living in urban poverty around the world. With offices in Austin, TX and New Delhi, India, and Cape Town, South Africa, the Dell family foundation funds programs that foster high-quality public education and childhood health, and improve the economic stability of families living in poverty. The foundation has committed more than $915 million to global children’s issues and community initiatives to date.
Pragmatic, disciplined and innovative in our approach and global in our perspective, the foundation seeks to concentrate resources where there is opportunity to achieve direct, measurable, replicable and lasting systemic changes that improve a significant numbers of lives. Therefore, the Foundation provides a high degree of premium towards measurement and evaluation efforts to better understand the results of our grant making.
The Performance Insights (PI) Team at the Foundation is tasked with the primary role of conceptualizing, managing and reporting on these efforts as well providing analytical support to the grants team to drive strategic investments decisions.
6-month contract to assist with providing operational and tactical support to strengthen the Foundation’s University Success portfolios in the US and South Africa and to support measurement and evaluation tactics for those assigned initiatives using data-driven practices to measure outcomes:
- Assist in supporting Measurement and Evaluation tactics across the Foundation’s post-secondary success portfolios in the US and South Africa.
- Provide input into the development, definition of and calculations for reach and quality metrics to evaluate portfolio outcomes
- Participate in performance/progress review updates on Key Performance Indicators with Programs and Leadership teams as assigned
- Provide analytical support for the Foundation’s scholarship programs
- Provide exploratory data and utilization analysis of scholarship tools and benchmark analysis of sector-level datasets
- Manage data collection and reporting needs across University Success grantees
- Assist in quarterly progress report preparation for Higher Ed and Scholarship programs
- Support quantitative and qualitative analysis and visualization of assigned Scholarship and Higher-Ed program-related datasets
- Support assigned program-related datasets in coordination with internal data services team
- Use key M&E documents (logic models, evaluation and monitoring plans, theory of change documents) to provide technical assistance to program staff in measurement and evaluation design for assigned University Success projects/initiatives
- Provide technical guidance and assistance for evaluation activities and/or consult on evaluation-related projects and with technical vendors as assigned
Skills/Experience required by Contractor:
- Ph.D. in education, economics, sociology, psychology or other related field, or Master’s degree with 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in performance reporting and setting up analytical dashboards preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the post-secondary education sector
- Familiarity with analytical and reporting tools such as Excel, SPSS, STATA, R, PowerPoint, Tableau (among others) to conduct analysis and present data
- Previous experience with managing complex datasets and underlying technology infrastructure is a plus
- Well-developed organization skills and attention to detail
- Independent, and self-driven, and should have the ability to drive components of large multi-functional projects.
- Comfortable presenting information across various stakeholder groups including, but not limited to leadership team, program teams, grantees, and other external stakeholders
This is a 6-month contract for approximately 30-35 hours/week. The Foundation does not have responsibility to provide any benefits to Contractor, including, without limitation, paid vacation or holidays, sick time, unemployment insurance benefits, health benefits, retirement benefits, or any other benefits, it being understood that the hourly fees paid are the sole and exclusive compensation for the services rendered. The contractor will also need to provide his/her own computer/phone and working equipment.
How to Apply