Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country, is looking for a part-time Freelance Web Developer to collaborate with the Digital Team to create, and/or improve our web products. The position is based in our New York City office or remotely.
- Experience with nonprofit CRM solutions such as ActionKit and Everyaction
- Experience with WordPress development including custom template and plugin creation
- Experience integrating third party services and APIs
- Pays attention to quality of product and knows best practice QA
- Proficiency with version control including Git, and remote repositories like GitHub/Gitlab
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff
Preferred but not required:
- Ability to implement Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager scripts and code
- Familiarity with graphic design tools like Adobe Suite
- Experience with Sass, npm, gulp/bower, django
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the job is filled. Please email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Please label your materials with your full name.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than 4.5 million supporters and more than 250,000 donors including moms, mayors, survivors and everyday Americans who are fighting for public safety measures that respect the Second Amendment and help save lives. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and the Everytown Survivor Network. Learn more at www.everytown.org and follow us @Everytown
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.