The National Alopecia Areata Foundation (NAAF) — a health advocacy non-profit serving people with the autoimmune disease alopecia areata – is seeking a part-time Salesforce Administrator and System Support to join our organization. This person will partner with our Director of Technology to fine tune our 1.5 year old instance of Salesforce’s Non Profit Starter Pack V3(NPSP). They will be responsible for ensuring that we are getting the most out of our investment in Salesforce and that all of our users are able to carry out their duties effectively within Salesforce. Collaboration among staff, donors, patients, industry partners, volunteers and other supporters is key to building alignment and accelerating our mission. The ideal candidate will help NAAF use Salesforce to link together our various communities so we can all work together more effectively to meet our mutual goals.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the development of standard Salesforce NPSP policies and procedures, including implementation, testing, documentation and maintenance, data collection and storage.
• Manage Salesforce NPSP configuration and customizations.
• Manage users, groups, roles, profiles, workflow rules, databases and security.
• Build/manage reports, dashboards, templates, page layouts and workflow that support program/functional area requirements.
• Plan, analyze, build, test and roll out new features within Salesforce NPSP.
• Maintain and Troubleshoot AppExchange Apps deployed and evaluate new AppExchange Apps.
• Assist NAAF Team in learning and using Salesforce.
• Assist in De-duping and cleansing data using Demand Tools and other procedures
• Identify, evaluate and resolve users’ problems.
Ideal candidate shall possess the following attributes:
• 4 year Bachelor’s degree, ideally in computer science, information systems, or related equivalent skills.
• Have 2.5 to 3+ years of Salesforce Administration/Development experience.
• Implementing Salesforce components such as standard objects, approvals, workflows, profiles, permission sets, layouts & templates.
• Experience with Salesforce reporting and dashboard creation.
• Experience integrating Salesforce software with 3rd party solutions such as CLASSY Fundraising, Conga, Quickbooks and Campaign Monitor (our email provider).
• Drupal programming experience desirable to assist website integration with Salesforce
• API programming experience desirable to assist in 3rd party software integration with Salesforce
• CLASSY Fundraising platform experience a plus, but not required
• Project Management experience or certification desired
• Experience troubleshooting and interpreting data, along with strong organizational/analytical skills.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Be proactive and enthusiastic
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
This position is part-time (10-20 hours a week) and could lead to fulltime as our organization grows.
About the National Alopecia Areata Foundation
The National Alopecia Areata Foundation (NAAF) serves the community of people affected by an autoimmune skin disease called alopecia areata that results in hair loss and emotional pain. NAAF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1981 and headquartered in San Rafael, CA.
NAAF supports research to find a cure or acceptable treatment for alopecia areata, supports those with the disease, and educates the public about alopecia areata.
NAAF is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors with advice from two Research Advisory Councils–the Basic Research Advisory Council and the Clinical Research Advisory Council. NAAF consistently meets or exceeds the rigorous standards of excellence for good governance and transparency set forth by the National Health Council and the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance.
To carry out our mission NAAF staff members serve our constituents in three primary program areas: support, awareness & advocacy, and research to find a treatment or cure. Highlights from each program area are presented in our award-winning Annual Reports and Newsletters.
Our work with and for the community of people affected by alopecia areata — including the family, friends, medical professionals, research scientists, biopharmaceutical developers and government representatives who care about them — is informed by a vision for each of our program areas that articulates what we aspire to as a result of our work together and core values (see below) that guide how we work together as a team to carry out our mission and move toward our vision.
Our core values are:
1. Lead by listening.
2. Inspire beauty, health, courage and connection
3. Reduce or relieve suffering in others
4. Reflect and learn as a community
5. Elevate positive family spirit
6. Live and work with integrity
7. Cultivate competence
8. Maximize impact and efficiency
9. Be creative, open-minded, unafraid
10. Have fun
If you resonate with the mission, vision and values of our organization we would love to hear from you.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
For additional information about NAAF, please visit www.naaf.org.