Save the Redwoods League
As our Operations Manager, you would oversee Save the Redwoods League’s facilities and office operations, ensuring that they run smoothly and that League staff have the physical, technological and functional environment and tools required to be productive and work effectively in support of our organizational mission.
For over 100 years, Save the Redwoods League has been dedicated to protecting the ancient redwood forests so all generations can experience the inspiration and majesty of redwoods. Since its founding in 1918, Save the Redwoods League has protected more than 200,000 acres of forests and helped create 66 redwood parks and preserves for everybody to enjoy. To learn more about us, go to Savetheredwoods.org
The ideal candidate is energetic, focused, strategic, proactive and technologically savvy. The Operations Manager supervises the Office Manager/Technology Administrator, manages IT consultants, and oversees the HR & Operations Assistant for office management backup coverage and facilities project assignments.
We provide excellent benefits including paid vacation (starting at three weeks) and sick time, medical, dental, transit benefits, life insurance and a generous 401K!
- Oversees and facilitates the office administration and facilities management functions, ensuring that effective operational systems are in place and office services are provided to a high standard
- Supervises the Office Manager/Technology Administrator in administration of daily office activities
- Project manages space planning initiatives and supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment
Information Technology and Office Operations Systems
- Ensures that the League’s technological and operational infrastructure and systems are well developed and highly leveraged, secure, efficient, operational and well-utilized
- Guides and coordinates outsourced technology consultant(s) and the Office Manager/Technology Administrator to provide technical support and issue resolution
- Maintains the integrity of League data by supervising cyber security policies, protocols, and internal access permissions, and staff compliance communication and training
- Leads the process of developing and maintaining a strategic plan to address the organization’s evolving technological needs
- Identifies and engages new technologies and new vendors
- Manages planning and implementation of office technology projects
- Coordinates staff communication and training regarding technology introduction and utilization
- Directs safety program including: emergency preparedness; emergency and first aid supplies; illness and injury prevention; ergonomics; and safety training
- Functions as the Safety Officer for building emergencies
- Manages and maintains Cal/OSHA Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) compliance
- Mentors and empowers the Office Manager/Technology Administrator to ensure all office operations are professional, efficient, effective, and well leveraged
- Collaborates with the HR & Operations Manager and the COO/CFO; develops an annual office operations plan and expense budget; monitors and reports on budget cost over runs to HR & Operations Manager; oversees all elements of program delivery to ensure that plan and budget goals are met; recommends and implements solutions
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience in office administration, information technology program oversight, facilities management, and/or related field
- Excellent knowledge of current and emerging information technology tools and services
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Considerable knowledge of principles and best practices in office operations and facilities management, and office operations policy and procedure development.
- Strong analytical, creative and strategic thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), change management, influencing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, train and motivate staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, embrace and foster change, problem solve and multi-task
- Ability to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Sense of humor, grace and warm professionalism
- A strong commitment to the mission of Save the Redwoods League
- Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
NO CALLS PLEASE. . . We are busy saving and restoring redwood forests. THANK YOU!
Save the Redwoods League is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fluent English speakers who are bi- or multi-lingual, including indigenous language speakers, are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Email Jobs@SaveTheRedwoods.org with your résumé, a cover letter addressing why you are a great fit for this role, and salary expectations, as attached Word files. Please put “Operations Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail.