Are you a detail-orientated professional with excellent administrative and organizational skills who wants to use your business skills to help make the world a better place? If so, Cause Communications may be the place for you.
Cause Communications is seeking a full-time Operations Director join our team and lead the organization’s internal operations, fiscal management, and human resources efforts.
Cause Communications is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to helping purpose-driven organizations use communications to create positive social change. We provide best-in-class communications consulting services, training, and project management for nonprofits and public agencies working on important issues like healthcare, education, the environment, and social justice.
The Operations Director is responsible for the oversight and direction of Cause Communications’ internal operations, administrative, budget, accounting, and human resources functions; contract compliance; and general office management.
- Manage and oversee contracts with vendors related to organizational infrastructure
- Research, propose, and implement administrative processes that adhere to high standards of transparency, accountability, and efficiency
- Oversee office inventory, procurement of supplies, and facility-related projects
- Manage and oversee the maintenance of corporate files and affiliations, copyright, trademark, and ISBN apps and records, master agreements and contracts with government agencies
- Lead risk management and insurance analyses and ensure complete coverage
- Manage organizational financial planning and organizational budgeting processes, including overseeing budget implementation, financial reporting, and expense tracking
- Supervise bookkeeper and work with her to chart cash flow and to prepare monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc financial reports for the Founder and senior staff
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable systems and process bi-monthly payroll with outside payroll service
- Ensure project budgets are meeting goals, in collaboration with the Project Manager
- Manage annual audit process and serve as the primary staff liaison with audit firm
- Ensure compliance of all fiscal policies, procedures, and documentation
- Develop and implement human resources programs, policies, and practices that serve the organization’s goals, support staff, and contribute to a positive workplace culture
- Lead recruiting process for both new hires full-time and contractors; help cultivate a pool of potential employees and vendors
- Ensure that job descriptions clearly define the duties, responsibilities, and reporting structure of each role
- Maintain updated personnel and operations policies and procedures codified in the employee handbook and ensure compliance
- Negotiate, prepare, and monitor all vendor and consultant contracts
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance or Business Administration preferred; MBA/CPA or equivalent experience a plus
- At least 7 years of professional experience with a minimum of 4 years of experience in financial and operations management at an agency or consulting firm, nonprofit organization, or government agency
- Experience in human resources administration such as maintaining employee records, running payroll, and benefits administration
- Experience in business planning and implementation, budgeting, reading and analyzing financial statements, and nonprofit accounting
- Experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting software required
Skills and Abilities
- Systems thinker with outstanding attention to detail, work ethic, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and the ability to contribute and thrive in a creative environment
- Strong people management skills / EQ skills: equally adept with C-Suite clients, vendors, and entry-level employees
- Personal and professional characteristics in alignment with organization culture
- Strong organizational follow-through and time management skills, able to set priorities and multi-task while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Operations Director is a full-time exempt position. Cause Communications offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including company-sponsored health, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurances, as well as paid holidays, vacation time, sick days, wellness reimbursements, and access to a 401K plan.
Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Cause Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Find instructions for application and a more detailed job description on our website.