CATHOLIC LEGAL IMMIGRATION NETWORK, INC (CLINIC)
The Operations Assistant reports to the Director of Operations and works on a team that provides operational support to CLINIC. The assistant must be enthusiastic, organized, meticulous, provide exceptional customer service, have flexibility and openness to adapt to changing priorities, ideas, strategies, and methods that impact CLINIC’s IT Infrastructure projects.
- Assists IT architect and Director of Operations with IT infrastructure projects. Includes but is not limited to:
- Attend weekly Operations team meetings as well as those that pertain to infrastructure project phases
- Drafting Operations section manual for policies and procedures that standardize CLINIC’s data storage, retention, and destruction processes to name a few.
- Drafting communications to staff on behalf of Operations section about upcoming phases of the project(s) and provide clear instructions and deadlines.
- Documenting progress of project phases within mapped timeline (Planner and Visio)
- Collaborating with Managed Services Providers, or MSP, vendor XperTechs primary contact and technicians
- Others tasks as assigned by Director of Operations
- Act as a support for or backfill CLINIC’s Operations team members as they pertain to online training responsibilities including webinar platform facilitation and technical assistance.
- Assist E-learning program developer with the creation and management of training materials and resources for constituents.
- Update CLINIC’s Customer Relationship Management, or CRM, system and Learning Management System, or LMS, based on phone or email requests from constituents.
- Assist CLINIC’s training and events team with training registrations or training-related inquiries and administrative tasks on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support agency mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Willing to understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC’s vision, values, and beliefs
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent, or three years of assistant related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and ability to quickly learn other programs or software that assists with job responsibilities
- Familiarity working in CiviCRM and Moodle systems preferred
- Familiarity with video platforms (Zoom, Teams, GoToWebinar/Meeting) preferred
- Excellent customer services skills
- Highly detail-oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and initiative
- Interest in immigration
- Familiarity with, or ability to understand, Catholic social teaching and the structure of the Catholic Church
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) capabilities are desired but not required.
- CLINIC’s national office is based in Silver Spring, Md. However, this position will be remote due to COVID-19 until further notice.
- This position could evolve post-IT infrastructure project into an administrative assistant position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment:
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
How to Apply
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@CLINICLEGAL.ORG