Online Fundraising Manager
Native American Rights Fund
The Native American Rights Fund is a nonprofit legal organization that works tirelessly to hold governments accountable and protect Native American rights, resources, and lifeways through litigation, legal advocacy, and expertise. NARF is looking for a full-time, experienced Online Fundraising Manager responsible for expanding current online fundraising strategies, expand and engage NARF’s online base of donors, maximize revenue, and advance the organization’s priority campaigns through email, social media, peer-to-peer, SMS, and emerging technologies. Remote work for this job is available during the COVID-19 pandemic, with the expectation that the ideal candidate will begin working in the Boulder, Colorado, office as soon as our office re-opens. NARF’s main office is in Boulder, Colorado, with additional offices in Washington, D.C. and Anchorage, Alaska. NARF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor or Master degree in a related area. Fundraising and development training is a plus. Three to five years of work experience in nonprofit online fundraising with a demonstrated knowledge of online cultivation, solicitation, stewardship strategies and techniques as well as a demonstrated track record in successful online revenue generation. Tribal affiliation and/or experience working with Native American communities is preferred. CFRE certification is a plus. American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians are encouraged to apply.
Full job description available at https://www.narf.org/contact-us/join-team/
This position is responsible for expanding current online fundraising strategies as well as developing, executing, and assessing new online fundraising strategies, expand and engage NARF’s online base of donors, maximize revenue, and advance the organization’s priority campaigns. through email, social media, peer-to-peer, SMS, and emerging technologies. This position sits within the Development Department but will work closely with the Communications Department to coordinate online messaging, strategies to enhance NARF’s fundraising efforts and communicate NARF’s mission and impact to existing and potential donors. The position also will be responsible for implementing and managing a customer relationship management database to be used by Development staff. Key criteria for this position are strong writing, design, and fundraising skills as well as robust technological know-how.
- Develop strategies and implement digital fundraising campaigns/appeals via email, social media, web, SMS, and other channels.
- Serve as the day-to-day manager for NARF’s digital advertising including Google Ads and social media.
- Write effective online fundraising copy.
- Design materials to be distributed across various social media channels.
- Create goals/strategies for ambitious growth in online presence and fundraising targets.
- Throughout these online outreach efforts, coordinate with Communications staff to ensure effective and consistent messaging, branding, goals, and tone.
- Identify appropriate analytics and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Analyze data and refine strategies to increase actions and revenue.
- Track KPIs and report to leadership on campaign results and trends in engagement.
- Work with the Development staff and outside consultants to identify and implement a new Customer Relationship Management database.
- Provide ongoing support to maintain and effectively use the CRM database.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a related area (e.g., business, marketing, management, finance, behavioral sciences, communications, public relations). Fundraising and development training a plus.
- At least 3- 5 years’ experience in nonprofit online fundraising with a demonstrated knowledge of online cultivation, solicitation, stewardship strategies and techniques as well as a demonstrated track record in successful online revenue generation.
- Deep knowledge of digital engagement best practices, tools, and tactics is critical.
- Familiarity with Google Nonprofit Suite including Google Analytics and Ads.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically, including experience writing direct response advocacy and fundraising emails.
- Experience working with an email list of at least 20,000 subscribers.
- Working knowledge of CRM/eCRMs, including Engaging Networks, Salesforce, and similar technologies
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with creative software, e.g. Photoshop and Canva.
- Ability to use data to inform the development/refinement of strategies and tactics.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects and moving pieces in a fast-paced environment, as a member of a cross-departmental team.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Comfortable learning new technology and working across multiple systems.
- Skilled at problem-solving and creating solutions both individually and in conjunction with a team.
- Experience working across many different teams to build shared goals and manage sometimes-competing priorities.
- Tribal affiliation and/or experience working with Native communities.
- CFRE certification is a plus.
How to Apply
Submit by email: a cover letter, complete resume and three references to: Don Ragona, Director of Development, Native American Rights Fund, 1506 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80302, email@example.com.