Online Communities System Administrator / Business Analyst
Ounce of Prevention Fund
Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, The Ounce of Prevention Fund is an energized, future-focused organization devoted to early childhood development. Our goal is to improve the life chances for low-income children through our programs, advocacy, training, and research.
The Knowledge Sharing team is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to help build, support and maintain the Ounce’s social intranet, collaboration tools, and external online communities. The System Administrator/Business Analyst will be responsible for driving technology implementation, change management, technical training, and measurement for multiple knowledge sharing projects across the Ounce for employees and external stakeholders. A SharePoint intranet, Office 365, and a WordPress digital resource library are currently deployed at the Ounce and additional online community and knowledge sharing platforms will be launched over the next several years. This position will be multi-faceted and incorporate work with a variety of applications and integrations. This individual will report to the Director of Knowledge Sharing and collaborate closely with knowledge managers, online community managers, Enterprise Solutions and Transformation team in Information Technology, organizational partners within and outside the Ounce, as well as external technology vendors.
The System Administrator/Business Analyst is responsible for system configuration, implementation, administration, data maintenance, and measurement / analytics reports and dashboards. This includes gathering requirements, developing and updating end user documentation and conducting training for end users and other system administrators. Other responsibilities include the onboarding of new use case stakeholders, providing direct user support, and working with vendor customer support.
Essential Job Duties
System Design and Management
- Drive and manage multiple technology projects, including organization-wide knowledge and content management, collaboration, and online community system projects
- Administer and configure the application platforms to meet the documented business requirements and workflows
- Lead systems analyses and implementation in support of strategic IT and Knowledge Sharing roadmaps established with the VP of IT, Director of Knowledge Sharing, Director of Enterprise IT Solutions, and Knowledge Sharing team members
- Understand the business challenges and opportunities of the organization, and identify improvements in systems and processes
- Stay abreast of emerging technology trends for knowledge management, collaboration and online communities, both generally, and specifically within the not for profit sector, so as to ensure the Ounce is well positioned to capitalize on these if appropriate
- Manage business requirements, business needs, and business stakeholders from all divisions of the Ounce under the supervision of the Director of Knowledge Sharing
- Write, modify, and troubleshoot HTML/CSS and other code to meet project and user requirements across systems.
- Advise on develop specifications for integrations and custom development.
- Verify and test platform upgrades and oversee upgrades
- Develop workflows and triggers to support content management, community management, and other processes.
Oversight and Governance
- Enforce information management policies and agreed upon governance across platforms
- Create and maintain platform site and design security/access permissions
- Implement and educate staff on design standards and governance structure for the knowledge sharing platforms
Metrics and Analytics
- Implement and maintain platform analytical tools to measure user experience, adoption, engagement, and content search based on agreed upon metrics
- Compile reports on platform use and search optimization opportunities that is delivered to business partners in easy-to-digest dashboards
Training and Support
- Develop operational processes, methodologies and associated training related to external and internal KM and online communities projects
- Manages inquiry cases submitted by users and organizational partners following agreed upon SLAs (service-level agreements).
- Create and keep up-to-date organization-wide tutorials, user documentation, guides and training on the more technical aspects of online communities and knowledge sharing tools in order to scale and distribute the management of various platforms
· Open cases with vendor customer support and work with external consultants and firms to oversee technical development and custom work
· Stay current with the latest vendor information, new features, and upgrades
Perform other job-related duties as requested
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
- B.S. in Information Technology, Web Design, Knowledge Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience and skills managing technology projects
- 2-3 years eliciting end user requirements, documenting business processes and requirements analysis
- 1-3 years administering and configuring cloud based application platforms
- 1-3 years experience building analytics reports and dashboards for business stakeholders
- Demonstrated business case and vendor management skills in the online community, knowledge management, social business, or content management areas
- Broad knowledge of technology solutions and packaged/cloud based applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Experience working with and managing online community, intranet, enterprise social network, digital workplace, collaboration tools, knowledge management, or digital asset management implementations (Office 365, SharePoint, WordPress a plus)
- Experience working with business and web analytics tools and creating measurement dashboards and reports to measure success (user engagement, content use, user behavior, etc.)
- Familiarity with release, upgrade and vendor management
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong team leadership skills
- Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams and business partners
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Sound business and technology acumen
- Experience with not for profit, early childhood education or education institution a plus