Constructive, a leading social impact brand strategy and design firm in NYC is looking to add an Office/Operations Manager to our team. We are an established boutique agency of 13 people that is looking to take the next step in our evolution—strengthening our systems, processes, procedures, and culture. This is a growth-oriented position, and the ideal person for this role is a mid-level professional who’s passionate about operations and is looking to grow into a more significant managerial role.
If you’re an experienced and energetic Office/Operations Manager who’s default setting is “GO!”, who prefers a small business environment and is hungry for significant responsibility and authority, then we’d love to hear from you. And if you’re a values-driven person who wants to work with a close-knit team to make meaningful contributions to issues like climate change, social justice, and inequality, then we think you’ll love coming to work at Constructive.
Would the people you’ve worked with agree that you…
- Take ownership of things and run with them?
- Don’t let things fall through the cracks?
- Are incredibly organized and likes to keep things tidy (both literally and virtually)?
- Are a problem solver who naturally looks to improve things?
- Look to automate things and establish systems with clear guidelines?
- Understand the ins and outs of all sorts of HR-related issues and processes?
- Excel at research and presenting clear options with recommendations?
- Are thoughtful, responsive, and have great people skills?
- Love organizing company events and outings?
- Enjoy finding ways to save money and negotiating with people?
- Do all the little things that make an office run smoothly?
If so, here are some of things you can expect to be doing if you join our team:
- Be a key part of building company culture and supporting employee well-being
- Help develop and document company standards and procedures
- Evaluate and oversee relationships with all office-related vendors/service providers
- Make sure that the bills get paid and that we get paid
- Create & manage spreadsheets of company resources, assets, etc.
- Find ways to save money and increase company effieiency
- Lead employee onboarding and offboarding
- Be the go-to person for our HR needs
- Research, organize, and manage regular company outings
- Organize company events and book staff travel
- Keep the office organized and supplies stocked
- Work with project managers on reporting & billing
- Keep our office and our people humming!
Here are some specific things we’ll need you to bring to the table:
- 3+ years experience as an office manager or in operations
- A proactive personality, independence, and great collaboration skills
- Fluency with Google Docs, Spreadsheets, and other standard office tools
- Experience generating detailed reports, summaries, etc.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Lots of ideas, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor!
Here are some of the benefits & perks we offer:
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- 401K plan with company match
- Annual profit sharing
- 2 weeks paid vacation (+1 additional day per year)
- Paid vacation between Christmas & New Year’s
- 6 work at home days /year
- 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16)
- 1 week paid personal/sick days
- Monthly employee-voted gift card awards
- TransitChek (pay for transit w/ pre-tax $)
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- Free Boxing/Exercise classes across the street (WorkTrainFight.com)
- $1K annual professional development stipend
- New client bonus (2.5% of largest contract in year 1 for any non-inbound client)
- Coffee, snacks, soda
- Company lunch every Wednesday
- Company Weekly Happy Hr (every non-summer Friday)
- Bi-monthly Company Events (sporting events, bowling, holiday party, etc)
- The feeling of satisfaction knowing that your work is helping make the world a better place