Office & Administrative Coordinator
The Office & Administrative Coordinator is part of a collaborative and diverse NTEN team. We are all inspired by and accountable to our mission, our community, and each other. The OAC will work collaboratively with the Finance Director, IT Director, other staff, and the community to plan for and provide excellent community-centered customer service, membership and sponsorship administrative coordination, and office technology support.
The Office & Administrative Coordinator reports to the Finance Director, and will work closely with the IT Director, Membership and Marketing Director, and other staff. As a member of the NTEN team, the OAC shares in the overall responsibility for the delivery of NTEN’s programs and services. The OAC provides critical operational support to all NTEN teams, collaborating with staff across the organization to identify opportunities for efficiency, effectiveness, and greater impact.
- In collaboration with Finance Director and other staff, design processes for efficient and effective invoicing, mailings, and payments
- Coordinate with other staff and teams to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner
- In collaboration with IT Director and other staff, develop a process to identify needs for staff training and/or documentation
- Support development and implementation of other knowledge management systems as needed to encourage sharing across programs and departments
- In collaboration with IT Director and other staff, manage in-office IT related tasks
- With direction from Finance Director, create plan for and manage year-round customer service
- With direction from Conference Director and other staff as appropriate, provide conference and event support including volunteers, scholarships, and event logistics
- Embrace NTEN’s mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 2+ years related work experience preferred
- Affinity for and interest in increasing skills with technology tools including Google Apps, Salesforce, Quickbooks, WordPress, and Adobe design suite
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively with others on common goals
- Experience using digital content and tools for, and enthusiasm for technology’s role in serving, social justice and equity
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with inclusion, NTEN values, and professionalism
- Personal interest and drive to learn and grow on the job
- Experience communicating and working with a distributed team
This position is based at the NTEN offices in downtown Portland, Oregon. Domestic travel and extended hours will be required one week per year for the Nonprofit Technology Conference.
This position is full-time, earning $35,000 annually with medical and dental benefits, 401(k) with available matching contributions from NTEN, Flexible Spending Account, and both paid time off and flexible holidays.
We believe that the team and our impact are made greater by the diversity of our staff. NTEN is an intentionally collaborative organization, committed to consensus decision-making and team accountability. Our values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion guide our decisions through hiring, program design, community engagement, event planning, and beyond. Please review the Working at NTEN page to learn more about our benefits and team.
NTEN envisions a more just and engaged world where all nonprofits use technology skillfully and confidently to meet community needs and fulfill their missions. We support organizations by convening the nonprofit community, offering professional credentials and training, and facilitating an open exchange of ideas.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Office & Administrative Coordinator”. Your cover letter should address your specific interest in NTEN’s mission and include information about previous experience as related to the responsibilities outlined above. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and interviews scheduled during March and April.