Network and Systems Administrator
Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Inc.
Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York (LASMNY), Inc.
June 2, 2021
Network and Systems Administrator
The Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York (LASMNY), Inc. is committed to a diverse, well balanced and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply for our positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
The Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Inc. is a non-profit public interest law firm. We provide free legal information, advice and representation to people who are unable to afford a lawyer. The program area includes (13) counties: Broome, Chenango, Cayuga, Cortland, Delaware, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego and Otsego. In addition, our Farmworker Law Project services the entire New York State out of our New Paltz Office.
Visit us at www.lasmny.org
The Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York (LASMNY), Inc. is actively seeking a Network and Systems Administrator in our IT Department. The position is based in our Utica, New York office and reports to the Executive Director.
The Network and Systems Administrator is responsible for maximizing the productivity and efficiency of the organization and employees through the implementation and utilization of strategically selected technology and applications. This position is meant to ensure all employees are provided the technological tools beneficial and necessary to provide the highest level of representation and assistance to our clients. The ideal candidate will foster an environment of teamwork through which all employees may advance their technical skills and will provide stable and reliable technological platforms upon which this may be achieved.
Essential Job Functions
The Network and Systems Administrator will provide oversight and support of a multi-site enterprise-level WAN, including planning, implementation, expansion, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the wireless infrastructure and supporting systems. Defines network policies and procedures and prepare and maintains documentation of network configurations and site equipment. Fully supports, configures, maintains, and upgrades corporate networks and hardware such as servers, routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Installs and integrates new network and server hardware and applications as needed.
- Monitors computer networks (availability, utilization, throughput, latency) and systems to improve performance and ensure security.
- Ensures overall network security, connectivity, and business continuity including Backup and Disaster Recovery protocols.
- Plans and deploys cybersecurity and other technical training to employees as needed.
- Troubleshoots network issues.
- Identifies and solves any problems that arise with corporate networks and systems.
- Communicates network issues to other employees and management as needed.
- Ensures security updates are maintained properly on organization servers and other systems.
- Analyzes and monitors server security and implement patches and fixes to address potential security issues.
- Updates virus and malware protection software to keep all systems, data, and communications protected.
- Maintains corporate VoIP system including voicemail, software systems including helpline call-center, and internal/external video-conferencing platforms.
- Manages physical and cloud network storage.
- Maintains and administers the organization’s Microsoft 365 email platform.
- Supports the organization’s case management system, with reporting, employee account setups, changes to entry screens, etc.
- Manages and ensures support for all corporate technology equipment, including copiers, printers, fax machines, etc., and maintains equipment inventory.
- Recommends equipment, upgrades, and new applications.
- Budgets for equipment costs as needed.
Manages projects relating to office moves and relocations as they occur. To include but not limited, to ensure new telecom facilities are in place, all data cabling is complete, and equipment closet with rack and patch panels are in place. Ensures site documentation is updated and complete, including cabling layouts. Installs and configures computer systems as needed. Assembles new systems and prep them for distribution to employees. Provides helpdesk support to employees. Resolves problems reported by end-users and fix software/hardware issues for employees. Provides hardware and operating system support for corporate field computer systems.
Will be required to comply with Legal Services Corporation (LSC) regulations, LASMNY policies and procedures and grant-based reporting requirements. Perform reasonable and related duties as assigned by Executive Director. Travel is required and work hours may vary.
- The successful candidate will have 5 to 10 years of related work experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and proven experience in a network and systems administrator role is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with networking, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN’s, and remote connectivity.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of network infrastructure and servers.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Network and Cybersecurity standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of networking services and common networking protocols.
- Familiarity with SAN devices and virtual machines.
- Ability to set up and configure network telecommunications hardware, servers, and server hardware.
- Basic programming (VB/VBA), macro, and script development.
- Access and SQL database structure.
- Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Windows operating systems (desktop and server).
- Working knowledge of Cisco telecommunications devices preferred.
- Familiarity with backup/recovery software and methodologies.
- Remote troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Overall computer proficiency and understanding of various types of software and hardware.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and advanced communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
LASMNY offers a generous benefits package, effective as of the date of hire. Medical, vision, dental, life, supplemental life, voluntary, FSA, HSA, 403(b), SEP/IRA, mileage reimbursement, training, registration fees, NYS/County Bar dues, PTO, Parental Leave, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Bar Exam Leave, EAP, Loan Repayment and (13) Holidays.
Salary depends on experience.
Application Process – We encourage interested qualified applicants to apply for this position by providing a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for (3) professional references at jobs@LASMNY.org.
How to Apply
Application Process – We encourage interested qualified applicants to apply for this position by providing a cover letter, resume, writing sample and contact information for (3) professional references at jobs@LASMNY.org.