National Fundraising Program Manager
Minnesota Public Radio
Who We Are:
Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) is one of the nation’s premier public radio stations producing programming for radio, digital and live audiences and operates a 46-station radio network serving nearly all of Minnesota and parts of surrounding states. Reaching 1 million listeners each week, MPR and its three regional services ‘MPR News, Classical MPR and The Current‘ produce programming for radio, digital and live audiences.
American Public Media is the largest station-based public radio organization in the U.S., combining multi-regional station operations, national content creation and distribution in one organization. With a portfolio that includes Live from Here with Chris Thile, BBC World Service, Marketplace and the leading classical music programming in the nation, APM is one of the largest producers of public radio programming in the world. One thousand stations carry American Public Media’s 20-plus national programs. Its multi-regional station operations include 49 public radio stations and 42 translators in the Upper Midwest and California.
As the National Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for the execution, oversight, evaluation, and reporting of Membership fundraising programs for a section of American Public Media’s portfolio of nationally-broadcasted and digitally-distributed programs and podcasts, including Performance Today, Pipedreams, Live from Here, Marketplace and more. Working in conjunction with the Manager of National Membership, show producers, Development Operations, Distribution and others, your role will build and maintain fundraising efforts including an ongoing fundraising presence, retention and acquisition campaigns, and loyalty programs for small and mid-dollar donors. In this role, you are responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned member and revenue goals and are a part of the National Membership Team.
Channels will include in-show promotions, email, e-newsletters, web-based promotions, web forms, mobile donations, social media, crowdfunding and other digital media. Some use of thank-you gifts and live events will also be a part of programs to foster and build revenue from loyal fans.
This position is a part of the APM/MPR Membership team and the Audience Development division, based in St. Paul MN.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- In consultation with the Manager, National Fundraising and individual program producers, staff and hosts, execute integrated, multi-channel fundraising, acknowledgment, and fulfillment campaigns to meet or exceed annual revenue and donor goals within budget.
- Work closely with program staff to develop and produce messaging, including digital and audio elements. Monitor deployment and adjust as necessary to maximize response.
- Identify opportunities to gather information about audiences for the purpose of solicitation of financial gifts.
- For selected shows, develop and deploy ongoing, high-loyalty programs that leverage the depth of fan support to higher and more regular giving.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years’ experience in Fundraising or Marketing, ideally with an arts or media focused nonprofit organization.
- 3 years’ of work with digital platforms (including email, web and social media), including familiarity with digital production.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Well-developed collaboration and presentation skills to work with many cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize responsibilities and goals, communicate with precision and clarity, motivate others and enlist them to meet goals.
- Ability to work independently and with good judgement.
- Working knowledge of databases and financial systems.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal presentation and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Affinity for public radio programs and mission.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with digital production, including web sites, email systems, and social media platforms.
- Appreciation for and knowledge of the podcasting field.
- Background in radio or audio production.
- Experience with loyalty-type retention and reward programs.
- CRM system experience.
- Marketing or communications experience.
- Experience with live events, ticketed-fundraisers, or both.
- Interest in, and passion for, various kinds of music.
Reporting to This Position: N/A
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May occasionally be required to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Some travel may be required.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time.
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level.
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.