Marketing Technology Specialist
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $400 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
The newly created role of Marketing Technology Specialist is critical to MSF USA’s successful utilization of our modern marketing applications to achieve our ambitious fundraising goals. This position acts as a solutions architect working with the Senior Marketing Manager, Strategic Operations to align marketing technology with team strategy and execution goals. Your ultimate goal is to develop, deliver and support an integrated marketing stack that helps the organization achieve data driven, personalized, automated, AI optimized supporter and donor engagements.
As the ideal candidate you LOVE marketing AND technology and have an aptitude for data. You have a deep knowledge of marketing automation, with expertise specifically in Salesforce, and regularly keep up to date on technology trends and the constant changes and developments in the industry. You’re a self-starter ready to join a fast paced team chasing big goals.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop subject matter expertise in the suite of marketing technology systems that MSF USA operates with a focus on Salesforce Marketing cloud and Workfront
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the implementation and roll out of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and to a lesser degree Salesforce CRM.
- Manage admin responsibilities for the majority of the marketing technology stack with new staff onboarding, account set up and access, basic configuration, troubleshooting, cataloging, relational structure, connectivity, data flows, retirements as well as process documentation and user training.
- Collaborate with audience and channel managers to understand their marketing goals, programs, and challenges and help them identify strategies to bring about measurable results using the existing marketing technology stack and identify what additional technology we might be able to add.
- Own the Marketing Automation process from the NPSP (Salesforce CRM) to SFMC and back. Implement marketing technology/automation-related data fields between Salesforce CRM and SFMC.
- Lead or support the search for new Martech tools and platforms to meet business needs including collecting requirements, managing stakeholder buy-in, vendor RFPs and evaluations, contract negotiations, implementation, roll out and adoption.
- With each new product iteration (features, enhancements or new solutions altogether), evaluate benefit to the business teams, prioritize and promote internally
- Maintain and enhance the existing solution stack, focusing on full adoption. Promote capabilities, evangelize use cases that empower business users to achieve more with existing tools. The solutions must be fine-tuned to support the business with keen attention to continuous improvement.
- Develop documentation and training assets to support onboarding of new staff
- Act as a source of information on trends and innovation in marketing automation and technology. Bring new ideas to the team for consideration
- From a technical perspective, support channel managers in the development and execution of acquisition, retention and cultivation campaigns
- Define, implement, maintain and document marketing automation best practices including list management, optimization, data quality and hygiene, and troubleshoot automation activities.
- Develop and manage an intelligent lead scoring program
- Manage the quality assurance of all automated marketing campaigns
- In collaboration with the team develop marketing activity reporting, KPI’s and performance insights to monitor marketing success across all channels.
- Where appropriate, act as back-up for the Senior Marketing Manager, Strategic Operations
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud qualifications – Marketing Cloud Email Specialist and ideally Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant Certification
- 3-5 years marketing campaign experience specially in building, testing, & deploying omni-channel campaigns across email, SMS, & social in an automation platform (Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience preferred).
- Solid understanding of direct marketing concepts. Especially as they relate to email marketing. Knowledge of mobile, social, online advertising / retargeting, and ecommerce are definite assets.
- Proficient in HTML & CSS Email Design and HTML & CSS Web Design
- A comprehensive understanding of the industry’s best practices for marketing automation
- Knowledge of data (segmentation, database queries, reporting tools)
- Thorough understanding of business processes, particularly sales & marketing processes
- A thorough understanding of marketing /sales pipeline practices and KPIs
- Partnering with data and IT teams to develop & implement flows that power marketing campaigns
- Developing training assets for marketing tools
- Proven ability to evaluate vendors, open-source, and 3rd-party software for solution delivery
- A creative and forward thinker, problem solver, facilitator, communicator, and doer with a customer service mindset.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on a fast-paced team
Preferred but not required.
- SQL, Liquid and AMPscript proficiency
- Practical experience with CRM solutions
- Practical experience with DMP’s or CDP’s
- Solid understanding of the regulatory environment for digital marketing programs including CAN-SPAM and GDPR compliance
- Starting salary: high 80s to low 90s (commensurate with experience).
- Desired Hiring Date: October 2019
Please note that relocation assistance and visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
Application Deadline: September 9, 2019
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, ATTN: “Marketing Technology Specialist” position.
Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.