Marketing and Communications Manager
American Kidney Fund
The American Kidney Fund (AKF), the nation’s leading kidney nonprofit, is seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Manager to join our growing team. The Manager is responsible for executing several facets of marketing and communications strategy, with an emphasis on digital communications. These duties will include co-managing the organization’s email marketing operations; managing and documenting digital testing tactics; developing content for emails, website, social media and blog channels; and collaborating with members across the organization to support the promotion of kidney disease education, advocacy engagement, fundraising, and public health initiatives. The Manager must have an understanding of the full range of marketing channels and the ability to combine that with excellent communication and project management skills. They must possess solid teamwork skills as they will be working with a team of communications and marketing channel leads as well as colleagues from around the organization. The Marketing and Communications Manager will be a hands-on team member who contributes daily to the marketing team’s development and execution of marketing tactics that support AKF’s overall strategic vision.
- Effectively comanage the scheduling, development, and execution of over 350 email messages per year; drive strong performance across a variety of email campaigns including transactional, acquisition, onboarding, content promotion and reacquisition campaigns, constantly refining communications across the constituents’ lifecycle
- Execute audience selection criteria by working with Associate Director of Marketing and Development staff to create audience queries through Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge
- In partnership with the Constituent Relations team and Associate Director of Marketing, ensure that personally identifiable and financial information are managed in a confidential and secure manner
- Produce, maintain, test, and monitor automated email communications
- Propose and implement testing initiatives (ex. A/B testing email components); deliver outcome report to leadership and recommend next steps
- Analyze monthly reports on email activity and recommend strategies to improve results
- Manage the organization’s digital newsletter schedule
- Collaborate with marketing, development, advocacy and education team members on strategies to grow AKF’s email database and collect first-party data
- Contribute to the online communications and marketing editorial calendar; support cross-departmental initiatives through content development for email that can also be adapted for multiple channels.
- Support the growth of the organization’s blog and editorial content on the website with compelling stories/content that drive interest in AKF’s priorities
- Work closely with social media, communication and website teams to increase the effectiveness of our campaigns across all digital touchpoints.
- Collaborate with education and government relations departments on engaging, retaining and growing AKF’s patient and advocacy network
- Provide necessary assistance for the team’s execution of marketing projects across the digital landscape.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
2-3 years relevant experience in a similar marketing and communications role. College degree preferred. Experience with Blackbaud’s Luminate software and services, Raiser’s Edge CRM, or similar platforms, required. Proficiency required in HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to track and coordinate multiple projects and complete work in a timely manner. Must be well-organized with strong attention to detail; a proactive problem solver; able to work independently and within a team framework; and able to receive constructive feedback.
How to Apply
Send resume and salary requirements for consideration. Please visit our website at www.kidneyfund.org or use the link below: