Manager, User Support
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seek a Manager, User Support to join the Development Database Support team to manage user requests related to Salesforce, our shared donor database of record. The person in this job reports to the Director of User Support & Training in the Development Systems team of PPFA. The Development Systems team supports the fundraising databases, system integration, reporting and analysis, and general data needs of the National Development division and those of the affiliates participating in the Collaborative Fundraising Program.
- Working with individuals and teams of development colleagues across departments, the Manager, User Support is responsible for providing database support to our 220+ users. The position works closely with other fundraisers, technical members of the Development Systems team, and Development stakeholders.
- The Manager is knowledgeable in fundraising business processes and database system usage. The person in this position is able to manage a queue of support cases of varying degrees of complexity and subject matters. They identify trends and service delivery improvements, assess database usage, and solution for efficiencies. Through critical thinking and analysis, the Manager ensures a high level of service delivery and develops service and policy improvements as needed.
- Own and resolve support tickets via the internal helpdesk system, including, but not limited to, error resolution, account fixes, data imports, gift processing and batch assistance, and general troubleshooting
- Resolve cases within internal service level guidelines to ensure a consistent level of service delivery. Manage and update guidelines as needed to best meet all business needs.
- Triage support tickets when needed. Assign tickets internally and to external support vendors and escalate technical and high priority requests.
- Oversee progress of internal and external support ticket status.
- Communicate with database users in a timely and professional manner
- Manage all aspects of database user permissioning including new user onboarding and communication; maintaining accurate user permissions; user creation and password management; manage user inactivations across all systems and licences; conduct monthly user audits across all locations (national and affiliates); report on licencing usage and coordinate with contract renewals
- Build reports for users using both native Salesforce reporting and Apsona reporting tools. Assist users with editing and troubleshooting existing reports to ensure that fundraisers have the tools they need
- Identify gaps and potential improvements in service delivery and propose solutions in weekly case discussion meetings
- Contribute project, configuration and usability updates to the monthly Development Systems newsletter
- Participate in release and version testing, quality assurance, quality control and data cleanup projects as part of ongoing Collaborative Fundraising Program (CFP) affiliate expansion
- Work closely with 220+ database users across the National, CFP Affiliate, and vendor offices to troubleshoot, problem solve, and communicate solutions.
- Collaborate with Development Systems staff to escalate identified issues, communicate concerns, and advise solutions
- Engage with database users across all professional levels to provide consistent and professional levels of support regardless of users’ technical / database comfort or knowledge
- Collaborate with non-Development staff such as Human Resources and Information Technology to successfully onboard new users
- Liaise with vendors on support tickets status and escalate to management in cases of backlog.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Candidates should have 5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite or Google G Suite tools
- Be an analytical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-moving organization
- Ability to prioritize and work on short and long term projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with fundraising applications a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service inclination and a customer focused attitude
- A commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood and sexual and reproductive health and rights
- A candidate with an interest in information sciences or database work is encouraged
Starting salary: $75K
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We’re committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply