Manager, Systems & Integration
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
The National Board is pursuing an ambitious and inclusive engagement and growth agenda toward our vision of every student learning from an accomplished teacher in their classroom. Data Integration will play a critical role in enabling the organization to engage and activate tens of thousands of teachers across the country; build awareness among key audiences at scale; to support staff and external champions to have access to critical resources and information to advance their work; to make available resources (including exemplars of accomplished teaching) to support teacher development across the country. The National Board has a commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for all team members.
The National Board seeks a Systems & Integration Manager to oversee the development of the data integration process that supports the flow of planning, sourcing, and tracking of data throughout the organization. The National Board’s system of record is Salesforce, which is integrated with a variety of platforms. Our core data set initiates through SQL. The manager has an essential role in developing, integrating, and providing ongoing support for various platforms including e-marketing, survey tools, and website systems; that all connect with Salesforce. The accuracy of the data is foundational to all of the National Board’s work as we increase our need and usage of data in making business decisions and driving towards growth goals.
The manager will manage key systems integrated with Salesforce and be responsible for the data integrity of those systems. This role will work closely with and provide technical support to the communications team specifically with the e-marketing platform and data. Project management and process improvement skills will be integral for success. The successful candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, problem-solving, and communication skills and possess a combination of traits including creative vision and collaborative spirit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own an external-facing reporting system, including providing customer support, managing data contracts, communications to the field about the system, and data updates
- Develop data integration standards as well as best practices
- Serve as a backup for any SQL related tasks
- Assist with Salesforce report writing
E-Marketing System Management
- Manage the e-marketing software application (Hubspot) and vendor
- Provide technical support and training to the communications team on the e-marketing platform
- Monitor the data, perform regular data maintenance and clean up, import and export data
- Manage system integrations between the e-marketing system with various applications
- Lead the weekly meetings between the communications and systems teams
- Handle on-site IT projects/tasks as needed by the office.
- Manage IT inventory including, but not limited to, shipping laptops to new hires and recycling old equipment.
- Serve as a backup for the Director in managing our IT vendor.
- Serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of colleagues.
- Communicate effectively with wide audiences with different working/learning styles.
- Serve as a change agent in support of all the technology team’s projects.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Summary of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- SQL experience required
- Informatica knowledge desirable
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a database management role or equivalent experience working with databases
- Salesforce experience highly desirable
- Systems administration and vendor management experience preferred
- e-Marketing system experience preferred
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex technologies and concepts with conversational language for the purpose of education and/or guidance
- Proficient with wide variety of technologies
- Proven cross-team collaboration
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines and commitments
- Commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for all team members
National Board Core Competencies:
- People Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships and leads and develop others
- Self-Growth: Self-management and self-development
- Results Focus: Plans, executes and drives results
- Thought Leadership: Analytical thinking and organizational insight
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Continuous standing, walking and sitting throughout the day.
- Some light lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required
- Continuous typing and viewing of a computer screen may be required.
- Work performed at the National Board’s office. Travel sites vary in comfort.
- Must be able to calmly and effectively work with high-stress situations.
Position Type and expected hours of work:
- Full Time
- The National Board’s office is located in Arlington, VA. The National Board is supportive of a ”virtual first“ work environment; there will be required in-person time at the Arlington office to support on-site IT needs.
- $67,500 – $80,000
The National Board provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or others may be assigned at any time with or without notice to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply