Manager, Enterprise Application
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Manager, Enterprise Application leads the IT team in the analysis, programming, and configuration of end user applications and/or systems software. This job interacts with executive leadership and others concerning matters of significance to the organization and makes decisions that have a considerable impact on the overall success or failure of their area of accountability. This job owns short to mid-term strategy execution and operational direction in alignment with organization objectives.
Primary Job Functions:
- Oversee the execution of the development and implementation of IT applications and applications systems analysis and programming activities that enable the organization’s business processes;
- Consult and advise leadership in determining and developing IT application strategies and effective integration of these strategies to meet organization-wide business needs;
- Represent the organization when selecting IT hardware and software vendors (including Cloud, SaaS, PaaS applications and hosting) to ensure organization IT needs are met according to cost, performance, delivery, quality, and service standards;
- Conduct organization-wide IT quality assurance and audits to ensure application compliance with defined standards;
- Direct, motivate, develop, and manage the performance of the IT Applications team, key staff, contractors, and vendors;
- Lead team to follow a best practice Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) management paradigm;
- Hire, train, establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign duties, and conduct performance reviews;
- Manage a team of approximately three staff, providing mentoring and coaching to support work; and
- Collaborate with customers, users, technical staff, and stakeholders to ensure that applications remain optimal performance and reliability; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related course of study;
- Managed and worked with system integrators and vendor management;
- Five (5) Years of experience with Application Development and Technology Delivery; and
- Three (3) years of experience as a Delivery Manager, Project Manager, or Scrum Master.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
- Ability to perform effectively in a diverse team-oriented environment that focuses on customer service excellence;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Visual Studio, relational database development, CRM (e.g., Salesforce, Blackbaud);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Ability to communicate and explain solutions to developers, other programming analysts, deployment resources, and business associates;
- Team and solution oriented;
- Must possess a system architect mind-set when working with limited requirements;
- Commitment to fostering anti-racist work culture and to anti-racist principles and learning; and
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of SPLC.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Due to COVID-19, our offices are currently closed, and staff is working remotely. If this position is filled while our offices remain closed, the new employee will work remotely until the offices reopen. We are not asking newly hired employees to relocate while the offices are closed.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please follow this link: https://www.splcenter.org/about/careers/jobs?gh_jid=5325839002