Manager, Digital Media
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
The Manager, Digital Media is responsible for the strategy and execution of paid digital media to grow the pipeline of future supporters and convert new and existing donors to raise unrestricted revenue for the organization.
Salary Range: $66,000 to $85,000+ Based on Experience
- Responsible for the success of Paid Media channels, including Paid Search/SEM, Programmatic Display and Video, Paid Social and Direct-to-donor (incentivized giving) in achieving business objectives, in supporting the strategic lead from the Director of Digital Media and Growth.
- Own relationship with and serve as primary point of contact for marketing/media agency partners on campaign management – including vetting of media strategy and targeting recommendations, new channels, creative development, approving optimization decisions and recommendations, and ensuring media alignment across consideration, and acquisition efforts when possible.
- Responsible for delivering successful, accurate and timely execution of digital media and fundraising campaigns, including managing project timelines and agency partners, testing and measurement tracking, and reporting to meet goals.
- Provide input into fiscal year strategies, budget and expense planning, and activations for Paid Media, supporting Director in finalizing annual strategy.
- Lead in-market budget management and shift investment as needed based on performance; Work with budget manager on Philanthropy Operations team and agency partners to ensure budgets are aligned; Responsible for billing management and accuracies.
- Manage Digital Marketing Specialist, helping to prioritize day to day tasks, as well as identify areas of growth. Responsible for Specialist’s onboarding and education in their practice. Partner with other Digital Managers to ensure consistency in management and task approach, if the Specialist covers multiple programs.
- Oversee data accuracy and data insights, supporting the Digital Specialist’s responsibilities for data collection.
- Lead all communication of digital media and creative performance and insights with digital team, agency partners, and broader MarCom stakeholders via reporting meetings and on an ad-hoc basis, making connections on what could be useful cross-channel and how activities tie back to strategy.
- Collaborate with Philanthropy Operations team to ensure data collection & feed accuracy and help resolve any issues connected to Paid Media.
- Collaborate with Website and Analytics management to oversee the implementation of pixels in Google Tag Manager, ensuring accurate tracking, as well as provide support on landing pages and donation forms.
- Serve as subject matter expert on paid digital practices staying abreast of quickly evolving digital environment and serving in consultation to key stakeholders throughout the organization including corporate partners, brand marketing and network members.
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through work and action. Is committed to people keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different background and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies:
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals: Constructs project plans aligned with organization and department strategies and priorities. Makes data- and fact-based decisions aligned with department and organizational strategy. Translates project goals into SMART team and/or individual goals consistent with overall department strategy.
- Communicates Effectively: Conveys clear and effective messages using verbal and written communication within individual, small group, and formal presentation settings. Communicates project/operating priorities and updates to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors, and other groups. Responds positively to requests to share information while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive content. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided.
- Manages for Results / Delegates Effectively: Holds self and others accountable for meeting measurable goals and performance expectations. Identifies multiple ways to achieve results, takes decisive action, and brings projects to completion in the timeline expected. Establishes regular status checks to maintain and report progress toward goals. Provides helpful, supportive feedback to others. Engages those closest to a situation to make decisions or recommendations.
- Leverages Functional Expertise: Uses advanced functional knowledge to shape decisions and plans. Takes initiative to stay current and apply knowledge of own field, including to improve processes, practices, and policies. Regularly offers to share functional expertise with others to help them succeed.
Required Technical Competencies, Experience, Certifications, and Education:
- Technically proficient with strong understanding of digital media, including SEM, Paid Social, Programmatic/Audience and emerging media (streaming, audio)
- Strong creative, diplomatic, interpersonal and presenting skills
- Growth mindset with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Comfortable working with budgets and Microsoft Excel; Accuracy-focused
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or relevant experience
- 4+ years in digital media/ advertising experience. Nonprofit experience a plus, but not mandatory
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
How to Apply