Manager, Digital Marketing & Fundraising
International Fund for Animal Welfare
This is a one-year fixed-term contract position
The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) is looking for an experienced digital marketing and fundraising professional to join our team on a temporary, full-time one-year assignment. This is an incredible opportunity to manage a global and growing digital fundraising program at a prestigious animal welfare and conservation organization, reaching millions of supporters and advocates worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of digital marketing and fundraising fundamentals and the tools needed to support these efforts. The Manager provides direction and support for crucial aspects of digital marketing and fundraising, including strategy, planning, execution, messaging, creative development, analysis and optimization.
This role directly manages email marketing and supports the growth, cultivation and development of IFAW’s digital universe of subscribers, advocates and donors in the US and globally. The manager is the custodian of IFAW’s global email database, email marketing and online fundraising tools and is the in-house expert and educator on the provider tools.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversees IFAW’s digital fundraising strategy and execution, focusing on email marketing, with the goal to meet and exceed fundraising targets
- Develops and maintains worldwide email calendar; collaborates with global program heads, marketing, fundraising as well as regional, in-market leads to determine priorities and messaging
- In collaboration with consultants crafts fundraising strategies and creative based on programmatic organizational updates, supporter engagement goals, and opportunistic events
- In collaboration with consultants suggests creative and drafts compelling email messages for digital fundraising campaigns, oversees email list and supporter segmentation strategy
- Manages and optimizes all touchpoints of supporter journeys: website and landing pages, donation forms, auto-responders, and closing pages, automation series and follow-ups
- Implements and maintains marketing automation and supporter journeys, as well as evergreen programs for monthly donor recruitment and stewardship, renewals, reactivations, middle and major donor stewardship
- Monitors performance and analyses email and digital metrics to report on key fundraising metrics and ROI.
- Suggests and implements plans to test and optimize email performance
- Manages IFAW’s global email database, email marketing and online fundraising platforms
- Manages the troubleshooting of technical issues when needed and when related to supporter’s flow, segmentation, transactions.
- Assists in special projects as requested by other departments and teams
- Manages relationships with external fundraising and database consultants
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 5 years hands-on digital marketing & fundraising experience.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing fundamentals and knowledge of how digital marketing and fundraising channels complement each other.
- Proven track record directing large scale email marketing campaigns inclusive of strategy development, list segmentation, A/B testing and translation, experience with email service providers, CRM, and website content management all a must
- Direct experience working with donors and establishing programs that touch upon all phases of online engagement from acquisition and conversion to retention.
- Experience working with databases, digital fundraising platforms and email automation platforms (e.g. Salesforce, SFMC, Springboard, Engaging Networks)
- Comfortable working with program and operations teams to identify fundraising and engagement opportunities and produce effective creative and campaigns
- Confidence with analytics and numbers; knowledge of Google Analytics and other industry reporting tools
- Highly collaborative and skilled manager capable of collaborating with a multicultural, international team to meet demanding deadlines and fundraising targets while managing projects through outside vendors and internal staff.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and presentation skills; effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related fields or experience.
- Some domestic (e.g. IFAW’s office in Yarmouth Port, MA.) and international travel required
At IFAW, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion so we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit an application at https://www.ifaw.org/careers