Manager, Digital and Creative
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
International hotelier Conrad N. Hilton established the grantmaking foundation that bears his name in 1944 to help people living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage worldwide. Today, the work continues, concentrating on efforts to ensure healthy early childhood development and sustainable livelihoods for youth, support young people transitioning out of foster care, improve access to housing and support services for people experiencing homelessness, identify solutions to safe water access, and lift the work of Catholic sisters. Additionally, following selection by an independent, international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2.5 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to an organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. The Foundation is one of the world’s largest, with $7.5 billion in assets. It has awarded grants to date totaling more than $2 billion, $207 million worldwide in 2020. Please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org for more information.
The Partnerships Advocacy and Communications (PAC) department has three distinct functions. The department oversees corporate communications; develops and manages state, national and global partnerships focused on the role of philanthropy in multi-stakeholder partnerships to advance global development goals; and works in partnership with program teams to develop advocacy goals that are part of the foundation’s programs by advancing strategies that create an enabling environment through supportive policies, sustainable financing and accountability efforts.
The Digital and Creative Manager will be responsible for the development of the strategy, implementation and management of brand and digital communications activities for the Foundation to support and advance its mission, objectives and program areas. Specifically, this position will work collaboratively across teams and departments to focus on maximizing the impact of digital content, print collateral, web, digital assets, social media platforms, video and digital technology for internal and external audiences. The Digital and Creative Manager will report to the Senior Communications Manager.
Strategy and Leadership
- Manage the digital and creative vision, alongside the PAC, Programs and Prize teams, to achieve their strategic goals, including shifting policy and unlocking funding for the Foundation’s program areas and initiatives.
- Build upon existing strategies to further expand awareness, reach, and the effectiveness of the Foundation’s communications efforts across all digital channels through measurement and targeted analytics and measurement
- Oversee Digital and Creative initiatives and consultants in partnership with the Programs teams to realize their goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Manager and incoming Director of Communications for digital and creative initiatives and opportunities.
- Identify digital and creative opportunities to strengthen the Hilton Foundation’s advocacy, influence agenda and partnerships to achieve programmatic impact.
- Develop and maintain a digital and creative strategy to strengthen, protect and broaden the Hilton Foundation’s brand.
- Engage key stakeholders to launch digital platforms and build content for Program partners and Prize laureates.
- Leverage data and analytics to optimize ongoing campaigns, identify and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and create analytical reports for the organization.
Digital and Creative Direction
- Provide creative direction and produce digital and print content in collaboration with the Program and Prize teams to support their objectives.
- Directs a team to develop content (videos, photography and graphics) to promote and support Program and Prize team initiatives as well as the Foundation’s institutional message globally.
- Provide strategy and planning around paid digital and social campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Internal Communications Manager to develop best practices, strategies and policies for internal communications.
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Manager and incoming Director of Communications to oversee the roll-out of a new website for the Foundation in 2021.
- Work with and manage external consultant partners on digital and design projects as needed.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to advise, explore and evaluate digital technology solutions and develop best practices and policies for internal and external communications needs including, but not limited to, web technologies, event management, CRM (Salesforce) and the intranet.
- Collaborate with the IT team to maintain the Hilton Foundation’s CRM (Salesforce) database and the digital assets management system.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, design, digital, public relations or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of substantial work experience in a communications, digital and creative related field and two years of experience in leadership roles.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working in and a sound understanding of a broad range of disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement and manage diverse communications strategies and activities.
- Strong creative thinking abilities and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization and develop strong professional relationships and networks externally.
- Experience managing organizational social media accounts required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and CMS platforms required. HTML a plus.
- Proficiency with a variety of email services, developing compelling email copy, and creating enewsletters a plus.
- Design and video skills also a plus.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience within the philanthropic/nonprofit sector is preferred.
- A passion for the Foundation’s mission and program areas.
About our Benefits
We value the health and well-being of our employees, some of the benefits we offer include:
- Comprehensive and generous health and life insurance options
- Relocation Pay
- Fitness benefits
- Paid holidays, time off, and parental leave
- Flexible work schedules and technology benefits
- Foundation funded retirement savings plan
- Professional learning and development and educational assistance
- Employee matching gifts to qualified non-profit organizations
How to Apply