The Manager, Business Intelligence & Database Administration works on a team which is responsible for the development and implementation of various information systems at COA including COA’s database, web portals, websites, email automation software, web conferencing software, marketing software, survey software, and other related software products and services. The Manager also assumes responsibility for partnering with Leadership to advance a culture of learning, strategic program development, and data-driven performance management by assessing, defining, and developing data reporting needs; compiling data and other information from multiple sources; and preparing reports and conducting data analysis to support program operations and enhance marketing and business practices.
The Manager, Business Intelligence & Database Administration joins a dynamic and innovative technology team that constantly works to use technology and data to improve business processes and productivity.
Data Collection, Reporting & Quality Control
- Collects and organizes raw data from all available resources (e.g., measurements, survey responses, observations, etc.) to extract useful information and produce performance management reports
- Manages all report building in Salesforce for all departments to improve operational workflow and gain important customer insights
- Assists with reporting requirements for Department of Defense and Department of State on all aspects of applicable contracts
- Prepares data in a clear and logical way (e.g., charts, graphs, narratives) for internal and external communications/publications
- Performs quality control checks on data in Salesforce to ensure integrity and works with relevant staff to improve data quality
- Proactively assesses and improves data collection, and reporting needs and processes to enhance overall ability to effectively utilize data
- Assists with training staff in the proper use of Salesforce and other related database tools and resources
- Develops and sends out regular dashboard reports on key metrics and meets with staff regularly to review and discuss these dashboard metrics to help them understand and gain valuable insights from the data
Business Analytics (internal process improvement)
- Supports, leverages, and helps expand COA’s analytic capabilities for ad hoc analysis, data aggregation, and data visualization, including budgeting for associated software
- Assists with the development of performance measures, evaluation designs and the selection of appropriate data analysis methodologies
- Conducts appropriate quantitative and qualitative data analysis using data collected from Salesforce and other evaluative sources
- Summarizes and interprets information to guide decisions and strengthen performance
- Performs predictive analytics to determine patterns and forecast trends as well as identify risks and opportunities
- Suggests/extrapolates conclusions and make recommendations from collected data to support decision making
- Helps managers understand data and act on it
- Manages Google Analytics for website to provide guidance on usage, trends, improvements to site, etc.
- Manages analytics for social media sites and provides guidance on usage, trends, improvements to postings, etc.
- Assists with the analysis of financial data collected from accredited organizations
- Supports COA’s competitor analysis
Business Analytics (value of accreditation)
- Provides feedback on ways to model data in order to provide statistical and visual data to all COA partners
- Develops benchmarking data and information that can be shared with organizations and volunteers to help improve performance
- Integrates COA data with other publicly available data sources (e.g., Census data, Guidestar data, Federal government data, etc.) to develop new ways of understanding COA organizations
- Works with IT to incorporate Salesforce data and other reporting information into maps, graphics, etc. to be synced and shared in the portals, on the public website, and other reports or letters to the field
- Oversees, manages, and evaluates the work of the Coordinator, Systems Development and Web Technologies
- Coordinates changes to all customer data in COA’s database (Salesforce.com) including but not limited to creating new fields and objects, creating workflows, building reports, importing/exporting data, and cleaning data
- Makes database system upgrades as necessary to improve user functionality
- Assists with database development and makes modifications in consultation with management to serve new purposes or improve business work flow.
- Creates user manuals, training documents, and procedures to train new and existing staff on proper use of hardware or software and provides one-on-one and classroom training, as needed
- Assists in the development of reports to help staff measure organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Solicits staff feedback on database, determines needs, and prepares management reports recommending solutions
- Participates on various committees/meetings and provides input and suggestions for changes and improvements to all COA products and processes
- Responds to inquiries, answers questions, and provides technical assistance, as necessary, to both internal and external customers who need assistance
- Collaborates with all other IT staff on new and existing technology initiatives
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with program staff to facilitate the systematic and orderly flow of data to document service provision
- Manage updates to COAnet.org/other COA websites and consults on budgeting needs for these sites
- Represents COA at appropriate conferences and events
- Coordinates or independently completes special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Practices reflect COA’s mission and are responsible, flexible, reliable, and dependable
- Demonstrates a commitment to high quality and responsive service; Proactively identifies opportunities and takes action to improve operations; Offers and accepts constructive feedback; Contributes to the development of new ideas
- Actively engages in problem solving; Responds to complaints; Seeks resolution of conflicts
- Is organized, efficient, and effective; Sets goals for work tasks; Identifies priority issues; Meets productivity standards
- Works collaboratively with others to encourage and support the accomplishment of goals/tasks
- Provides exemplary customer service to all COA stakeholders; Interactions are timely, responsive, and courteous
- Shows respect for each person’s individuality and preferences, and the cultural/ethnic diversity of COA’s stakeholders
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning and improvement; Pursues activities to enhance personal and professional growth for self and others
- Protects the confidentiality and the information/documentation obtained by nature of our work
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- BA in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in relational database systems and other technologies, required; experience with Salesforce CRM, preferred.
- 3-4 years overall experience in data reporting and analysis, required; 1-2 years field specific knowledge, preferred
- 2+ years of management/supervision experience required.
- High level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Advanced expertise with Microsoft Excel (e.g., vlookups, advanced formulas, pivot tables) and statistical reporting tools (e.g., SPSS, Minitab, Mathematica, etc.), required
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Hadoop, Tableau, Power BI, Google Analytics, etc.) preferred
- Ability to develop graphs and charts to effectively share information that will impact the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to communicate technical knowledge to non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and predictive analysis, preferred
- Coding in HTML and other languages experience preferred
- Statistical and or data project management experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the social service field
- Ability to manage competing priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Strong analytical, facilitation and teaming skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to process information quickly
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to provide excellent customer service as evidenced in customer satisfaction results
- Excellent oratory abilities/phone skills
- Strong solution oriented problem-solving skills
- Committed to the values of COA’s accreditation process
- Strong organizational and project management skills; detailed oriented
- Computer proficient (MS Office)
- Knowledge of and experience with COA’s accreditation processes preferred
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Reports to: Vice President of Information Technology and Business Intelligence
Supervises: Coordinator, Systems Development and Web Technologies
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Hours per week: 35
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Council on Accreditation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://coanet.org/about/careers as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by calling 1-(866) 262-8088 or by visiting http://coanet.org/about/contact/.