Manager, Business and Technology Operations (Technology and Business Analyst)
Financial Health Network
Manager, Business and Technology Operations
ABOUT FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK
Make an impact in the financial lives of millions with our growing organization. The Financial Health Network (formerly the Center for Financial Services Innovation) is the leading authority on financial health. We envision a future where all people, especially those who are most vulnerable, have the day-to-day financial systems they need to be resilient and thrive. We are a trusted resource for business leaders, policymakers and innovators united in a mission to improve the financial health of their customers, employees, and communities. Through groundbreaking research, advisory services, measurement tools, and opportunities for cross-sector collaboration, we advance awareness, understanding and proven best practices in support of improved financial health for all. With offices in Chicago, New York, and Washington, DC, Financial Health Network is a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, seeking people who share our values: Innovation; Passion; Excellence; Impact; Directness; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Financial Health Network’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is central to our talent acquisition approach and processes. Our mission to improve financial health for all, especially the most vulnerable, can only be accomplished through a diverse population of employees at all levels who are representative of the many communities we seek to impact. We strive to recruit, hire, develop, empower, and retain talented individuals at all levels across various dimensions of diversity and intersectionality including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, veteran status, and citizenship. We welcome and need your unique voice and look forward to having you join our team!
SCOPE OF ROLE
Financial Health Network seeks a tech-savvy Manager with strong analytical, collaboration, and project management skills to join our Operations team. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position will manage the organization’s technology strategy, assist with business planning, and produce business performance analysis and reporting in support of enhancing the effectiveness of a growing organization. The Operations Manager must be adaptable and responsive with the ability to learn independently and participate in multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of excellence.
Technology Strategy, Analysis, and Management
- Consult with internal stakeholders to understand organizational needs and tailor technology solutions for optimal and efficient outcomes
- Evaluate current processes and workflows, diagnose challenges, and identify opportunities to better leverage technology.
- Serve as an expert resource for the organization’s fundamental software applications (Salesforce, G-Suite, time tracking and project management software).
- Coordinate with departments/stakeholders to review FHN’s current software applications, needs, and solution gaps. Then, research and vet alternatives to fix the gaps, especially those related to integrations and functionality.
- Develop reports and dashboards, execute and maintain integrations, plan and execute new software process improvements, and maintain the databases themselves.
- Serve as the liaison, engaging in routine communication and coordination, between internal stakeholders and external partners related to IT support, strategy, and security initiatives
- Plan and manage new technology initiatives alongside external, expert IT vendors to enable organizational effectiveness, increase staff productivity, optimize efficiency, and improve the organization’s information security and risk management.
Business Planning, Performance Reporting, and Intelligence
- Support business planning and intelligence efforts by creating and maintaining impact and performance dashboards and other reports, and conducting quality assurance, data gathering, and analysis
- Support resource planning and management with time-tracking reporting and capacity modeling
- Consult and coordinate with cross-functional teams to carry out business planning and performance reporting processes
- A commitment to the mission of Financial Health Network and a desire to positively impact the trajectory of a highly-impactful, national nonprofit
- At least 5 or more years of professional experience in business administration, operations, technology, or a related field
- Special focus on analytical, problem-solving, cross-functional collaboration, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Salesforce or equivalent CRM software, and G-Suite
- Strong technical skills and technical project management experience are a plus, but not required for the role
- A fast-learner and comfort in mastering business applications
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
How to Apply
Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of the Financial Health Network. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume with your application.