Lead Web Developer
Partners in Health
Position Title: Lead Web Developer
Reports to: Director of Digital Engagement, Communications Team
Location: Boston, or Remote – US Based
The Lead Web Developer is primarily responsible for the overall operation, infrastructure, security, and development of Partners In Health’s (PIH) website and related digital communication and analytics tools. As the first point of contact for website-related needs, a highly specific set of skills and expert knowledge related to PIH’s website, data, and fundraising operations are required.
Oversee, support, and maintain web-enabled systems and features. Lead projects related to feature enhancements, design and functionality improvements. Recommend and implement optimal features of strategic website goals and capabilities. Ensure security, efficiency, data integrity, and confidentiality of CMS system and website users.
Web Systems Development and Administration
- Manage technical implementation of web pages, microsites, and interactive forms.
- Research and implement applicable current trends from the tech/web industry and enforce best practices for the efficient operation of website systems.
- Identify and assess potential risks and delays; proactively seek ways to mitigate risks. Including monitoring system health and uptime, resolving issues related to availability and connectivity. Managing all backups, backup schedules and restoration systems.
- Handle day-to-day administration and maintenance of databases and users.
- Provide training, guidance, and support for staff using CMS and related tools.
- Manage website operating costs and recommend a budget for necessary upgrades and optimization. Includes monitoring ongoing costs associated with website operation including domains, CDNs, hosting, backups, and 3rd party plugins.
Systems and Data Integrations
- Oversee website integrations with other digital systems such as donation & reporting systems, data analytics, digital asset management repositories, search, and social media.
- Manage technical aspects of related digital systems including donation and email platforms.
- Work with internal departments and external consultants on data analysis and integration back into internal systems.
- Create solutions to better integrate the usage of analytics.
- Oversee cross-departmental requests for website content, features and functionality.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with teams of non-technical professionals.
Management and Mentorship of Junior Developer
- Manage workload of junior developer and provide day-to-day leadership and coaching
- Delegate implementation tasks to a junior developer and enforce deadlines.
- Lead code-reviews and project retrospectives to maintain and produce high-quality code.
- Provide debugging and implementation support.
- High level of experience with Drupal 8 (Frontend and Backend)
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks
- Experience with LAMP stack, server administration, SSL, and domain management
- Experience with remote administration via cloud services
- High level of experience with version control management using Git
- Familiarity with modern web software release workflow using testing and production environments
- Familiarity with SQL and Data Structures
- Familiarity with RESTful JSON and APIs such and Software-as-a-Service Tools
- Adobe Photoshop or equivalent image processing software
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft software suites:
- Google: Webmaster Tools, Analytics, Search, Tag Manager
- Microsoft: SharePoint, Office
- Web: VScode, LocalDevelopment
- Commitment to social justice
- Familiarity with the development of coupled and decoupled (headless) Drupal 8 sites
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and work closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
How to Apply
Complete the application on our website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oN5Gefww&s=Nonprofit_Tech_Jobs