The SPLC is seeking a Lead Technical Developer to partner with the Intelligence Project group (IP). The position reports to the Big Data Manager within IT. This individual is responsible for mentoring, coaching and partnering with a team of two developers within the Intelligence Project.
The Lead Technical Developer is responsible for estimating the work and ensuring delivery of applications on time, within the budget, and without sacrificing quality internally and from current vendor agreements.
Primary Job Functions:
- Manage critical dependencies and activities from vendors while managing subject matter with stakeholders in transition from a large legacy platform to a new proprietary system; this includes managing the expectations during quality reviews of the system from a user perspective while managing user and product interactions with vendors during sign off
- Analyze impact of change requests
- Deliver process & architecture workflow diagrams when needed
- Monitor incoming & outgoing data-related activities for legal compliance
- Conduct internal & external agreement reviews for clarification of terms and contractual requirements
- Identify & document opportunities for improvement during QA activities such as suggested process changes, related activities, and observations about effectiveness
- Partner with IP and other leads in coming up with new standards and procedures for application development
- Working closely with IP leaders, support and guide the IP developer team regarding work allocation, estimates, and prioritization
- Responsible for the IP group applications with a focus on quality, timeliness & group coding standards
- Provide support, coaching and mentoring to team members to ensure that all objectives and commitments are directives in line with expectations and data governance
- Support initiatives and directives for systems development by the Big Data Manager
- Help layout and drive consistency in processes within the team
- Handle escalations, manage along with IT the expectations of the IP group
**Monitor and report on resource utilization
- 6+ years of Application Development experience with 3+ years in a Lead position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven Experience using SQL, & NoSQL to develop complex queries
- Demonstratable knowledge of application architecture, techniques, design patterns and strategies
- Demonstratable knowledge of Development Lifecycle methodologies, Project and People Management
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
How to apply:
Click on the following link: Lead Technical Developer